Deftones

lolz. People here are dumb.

- Deftones are nu-metal.
- Chino is a hopeless singer, watch any live video and you'll see he sucks.
- Deftones suck

Birkenau said:

- Deftones are nu-metal.
- Deftones suck

Deftones aren't nu-metal. Chino DOES suck though.

Birkenau said:

- Deftones are nu-metal.
- Deftones suck
HAHAHAHAHA
1.You don´t know what nu-metal is. Don´t judge band by fans.
2.hmmmm
3.hmmmm

man i dono what you guys are talking about. Deftones are a really great band. Chino has such a unique voice. But i can agree, its a hit or miss. I heard one of the new songs from a bootleg someone had online. It sounds freaking amazing and evil. Cant wait for the new cd. Hope its alot better than the last piece of crap they threw together and called an album.

Fredy_Brown said:
HAHAHAHAHA
1.You don´t know what nu-metal is. Don´t judge band by fans.
2.hmmmm
3.hmmmm
How is Deftones not nu-metal? Don't they have a turntablist? Don't they have drop-tuned guitars? Didn't they tour with Korn? I don't see how they aren't nu-metal.

Liked the first 2, then went off them for years. Recently though, found myself quite liking them again, which is odd, as my music tastes have changed a lot in the last few years. Have to say, it was listening to it while i was smoking that got me back into it. i still occasionally put all their albums on shuffle on my pc and have a couple of bongs...

Birkenau said:

- Deftones are nu-metal.
- Deftones suck

This person is correct. Deftones sound like wiggers that sit around listening to Korn and Rap Music.

Deftones are a totally different entity to Opeth... you can't think of one in comparison with another. The musical ideal is entirely different. Deftones are an excellent band. While they may not posess the jaw-dropping musicality of Opeth (who does?!?!), they create dark, dense atmospheres, that communicate something just as worth while. White Pony is a superb album, perfect atmospherics (great Maynard James Keenan cameo too), and all of their albums have something to offer.
As far as them being a nu-metal band is concerned, this IS true, to an extent. However, it depends on how you look at the concept of nu-metal. In the true sense, nu-metal developed in the mid-90's as an agressive, depressive alternative to the cliched mainstream American metal scene. There were two pioneering band, leading two different paths. One of these was an exciting new musical wave, where emotion once again became the forefront of the (American) scene. This was the path led by Deftones. The other path was the one which became prevolant. It was pioneered by Korn. To this day, it horrifies me that Korn attained such freakish levels of popularity.
Also, Chino Moreno is one of the most emotive vocalists going, and he communicates feeling through his words in a way most singers just... can't. Mikael Akerfeldt and Jonas Renske are two of a VERY small number who can match (or outdo) his ability to put across feelings through song. Jonathan Davis, now HE sucks....

Liquid Diamonds said:
Also, Chino Moreno is one of the most emotive vocalists going, and he communicates feeling through his words in a way most singers just... can't. Mikael Akerfeldt and Jonas Renske are two of a VERY small number who can match (or outdo) his ability to put across feelings through song. Jonathan Davis, now HE sucks....

you know who's really fucking "emotive"....fall out boy.

I liked the deftones when "my own summer" came out and I didn't know any better. Then...I stopped liking them.

Lightbulbsun said:
you know who's really fucking "emotive"....fall out boy.

*Watch out!, Radioctive Man!*

69.gif

people on this thread are starting to piss me off KORN sucks, defones don't suck......they aren't anywhere near to Opeth, but I love all of the deftones songs and IMO the DEFTONES write better love songs than almost anyband i've ever heard.....there love songs are better than porcupine trees, I don't care what anyone has to say about that. just listen to fucking white pony and the deftones album