Deftones

Fredy_Brown said:
Why you don´t like Deftones (album) so much, EveOfDarkness?

half the songs on the album was pretty damn boring to me. Too slow and repetitive. But the other half of the songs(now that i think about it) was actually pretty good (Hexagram, Moana, Lucky You, Needles and Pins, etc). I just think the new one will be a lot better. This is a great and unique band. Their first three albums were amazing.

Birkenau said:
How is Deftones not nu-metal? Don't they have a turntablist? Don't they have drop-tuned guitars? Didn't they tour with Korn? I don't see how they aren't nu-metal.
Listen to it more.
The fact they toured with nu-metal bands doesn´t mean the´re nu-metal.

fuck nu-metal damnit DEFTONES aren't nu-metal....

the (deftones) album grows more and more on you eve of darkness....I like everysong except the last one, and number 6

everyone should check out this band

go download this song by FAILURE "Another Space Song"

The solar panels shining face
is smiling back on me
twisting off into the sun
its ok to be lonely

All my missions float away
I never trained to hard
I so caught up in the tree of stars
falling in my back yard

She'll always be one I can't find
She'll always be where I break down
She'll always hide behind a star
I'll always dream she can't be far

I've got no Houston to wind down to
I've got no protcol
Gravity's so far away wrapped on that shrinking ball
I eclipsed my memory sleeping inside this pod
patient time will carry me on her back without a sigh

And I won't let her down
my soul is celestial bound
and if i'm never found
she'll always be......

She'll always be one I can't find
She'll always be where I break down
She'll always hide behind a star
I'll always dream she can't be far

deftones?

nah..
maybe if you're 14.. and don't know any better..
shit band, imo

-
btw (and offtopic)
np: katatonia - the great cold distance promo
now that's a great album.

Nah. I agree with Annt. The only decent Deftone work is White Pony. That's a nice album. Otherwise, no. Then again man, it's all a matter of opinion.

One thing, though.

Opeth >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>..... Deftones. Their not even comparable.

Liquid Diamonds said:
Deftones are a totally different entity to Opeth... you can't think of one in comparison with another. The musical ideal is entirely different. Deftones are an excellent band. While they may not posess the jaw-dropping musicality of Opeth (who does?!?!), they create dark, dense atmospheres, that communicate something just as worth while. White Pony is a superb album, perfect atmospherics (great Maynard James Keenan cameo too), and all of their albums have something to offer.
As far as them being a nu-metal band is concerned, this IS true, to an extent. However, it depends on how you look at the concept of nu-metal. In the true sense, nu-metal developed in the mid-90's as an agressive, depressive alternative to the cliched mainstream American metal scene. There were two pioneering band, leading two different paths. One of these was an exciting new musical wave, where emotion once again became the forefront of the (American) scene. This was the path led by Deftones. The other path was the one which became prevolant. It was pioneered by Korn. To this day, it horrifies me that Korn attained such freakish levels of popularity.
Also, Chino Moreno is one of the most emotive vocalists going, and he communicates feeling through his words in a way most singers just... can't. Mikael Akerfeldt and Jonas Renske are two of a VERY small number who can match (or outdo) his ability to put across feelings through song. Jonathan Davis, now HE sucks....
Ha! YOU suck if you think Korn/Jonathan sucks and you like Deftones.

What do you mean, "doesn't keep it real"? Anyway, it's all a matter of opinion. To me, Deftones is one of the most overrated bands out there, and Korn has a very unique and kickass sound.

FRUGiHOYi said:
To me, Deftones is one of the most overrated bands out there, and Korn has a very unique and kickass sound.
Sure KoRn is...but Deftones is also very unique.
*half offtopic*: What do you think about "See You On The Other Side"?

Fredy_Brown said:
Listen to it more.
The fact they toured with nu-metal bands doesn´t mean the´re nu-metal.
I've listened to them plenty, when I didn't know any better, like most people.

You dont have to play technical and complex riffs and chord structures to be musical. Deftones is very beat based and their drummer does a fucking excellent job. The guitars are merely an accompinment too the music and dont overule it (dream theater, necrophagist, symphony x Opeth, i love them so much but it is guitar based.....just because you can wank too shit on a guitar doesnt mean you are musical( even though i do like these bands except for dream theater). Deftones are an alright band and i appreciate what they do because of that 'raw' sort of sound they give. I like their dark, dank sounds. I dont listen to it much though. too busy with better bands.

JoeVice said:
umm, you just compared them.

i like the deftones alot. white pony is a great album.

No I didn't you moron. I just think Opeth is a better band.

Comparison: an examination of two or more items to establish similarities and dissimilarities.

JoeVice in all honesty, why do you bother?

blimey said:
No I didn't you moron. I just think Opeth is a better band.

Comparison: an examination of two or more items to establish similarities and dissimilarities.

JoeVice in all honesty, why do you bother?

well, opeth and the deftones are two items....and you established a dissimilarity by claiming that opeth has more "betterness" than the deftones.

JoeVice said:
well, opeth and the deftones are two items....and you established a dissimilarity by claiming that opeth has more "betterness" than the deftones.
You are one stupid fucker.