Deliverance != good?

Vile1011

Devourer of Nachoes
Nov 10, 2002
Visit site
Are the people dissappointed with Deliverance more vocal or something, because 90% of the posts about it here are negative. Even the people who like it seem to find it lacking. You'd think a forum devoted to Opeth fans would be overflowing with positive opinions.

However, I do buy into the "You'll like it with time" arguement. In fact, some of the best CD's out there are the ones that don't hook you immediately. Being a fan of Tool I recall the exact same thing happening with Lateralus: a few positive posts when it first came out and a ton of disappointed ones. Then, one by one they all came to realize what an awesome album it is.

With any luck a store near me MIGHT have Deliverance by now, otherwise I'll have to order it online which is always a pain. I trust Opeth, even if you compiled their absolute worst songs to date you'd still wind up with an awesome album.

Yeah, I saw the poll, it just seems like the people who don't like it are more inclined to actually make posts about it. Or maybe its the same few people over and over again.

yeah i get frustrated personally when i hear bad things about it...i think i have good musical taste basically and this cd is nothing short of amazing. yeah people with negative opinions all whine and bitch about this and that without giving it time or more intelligent thought. and continually post the same things...screw all that.