Deliverance vs. Ghost Reveries.

Deliverance vs. Ghost Reveries

• Deliverance

Votes: 83 41.7%
  • Ghost Reveries

Votes: 116 58.3%

• Total voters
haha what the hell...you just asked if hes heard a fair judgement and by the pain as if they were the only two songs on the album

illidurit said:
yeah I listened to AFJ and BTPISIO and got bored at the offensively long intro and outro to the former and the obnoxious backwards tape wankery of the latter
Learn to appreciate slower music.

But I have to agree with you on BTPISIO.

BreathingShadow said:
haha what the hell...you just asked if hes heard a fair judgement and by the pain as if they were the only two songs on the album

You were referring to Deliverance as a whole, claiming it was all straightforward death metal. So I picked out 2 examples of where it isnt.. I'm not denying that some of Masters Apprentices is midtempo DM.

BTBISIO IS death metal you fuck. Overproduced and overwritten death metal at that. AFJ is a softer song on a death metal album, but I'm not going to get into a fucking argument with you over what genre Opeth is. My point is GR>Deliverance, and if you disagree, good for you.

I don't remember hearing death metal go into an acoustic waltz, bleh whatever have your opinion, but saying that TGC is 'Deliverance standard' is bollocks tbh.

daz436 said:
You were referring to Deliverance as a whole, claiming it was all straightforward death metal. So I picked out 2 examples of where it isnt.. I'm not denying that some of Masters Apprentices is midtempo DM.

alls im saying is that i agree with ten sisi that the grand conjuration sounds like it would fit in better in Deliverance than Ghost Reveries

Fair enough, if you think it would fit better there fine, but seeing as TGC seems to be widely regarded as a weak opeth track because of its practically generic format, this guy naming it 'Deliverance standard' is kind of insulting to a fantastic album imo.

Deliverance is so far below Opeth standards. MAYH was the first of its kind, Still Life was a perfect folky melodic death album, Blackwater Park was decent enough, but everytime I listen to Deliverance, I find myself getting bored with it. Opeth is a great band, but not everything they touch turns to gold.

well im not referring to it as a weak album or a weak song im just saying TGC feels more like a deliverance song. Even though GR has evil dark lyrics , the music doesnt sound as dark as deliverance with the exception of TGC...in my opinion

Ten SiSi said:
Deliverance is so far below Opeth standards. MAYH was the first of its kind, Still Life was a perfect folky melodic death album, Blackwater Park was decent enough, but everytime I listen to Deliverance, I find myself getting bored with it. Opeth is a great band, but not everything they touch turns to gold.

well this is obviously an absolute difference of opinion because I feel the same way about Ghost Reveries. About deliverance:I dont ever listen to Masters Apprentices anymore, but the rest of the album is gold imo.

Anyways, I obviously misunderstood what you meant by that point if you mean what this guy BreathingShadow means. :)