Deliverance vs. Ghost Reveries.

Deliverance vs. Ghost Reveries

• Deliverance

Votes: 83 41.7%
  • Ghost Reveries

Votes: 116 58.3%

• Total voters
i prefer Deliverance as opposed to GR.
Both excellent etc and all the usual, but the main difference for me is that GR is much more progressive in its sound and im not one who is all about power chords and brutalism, but Deliverance (imo) has a better combination of the ethereal, melodic sections (i know there isnt many but when there is there great, e.g, acoustic type break in wreath 9-10 mins in)
and the brutal elements that make there sound.

Deliverance. I think the album's a bit flat and less textured in its sound but the mood of Deliverance suits me alot better than Ghost Reveries... I'm not going to elaborate on which album is the most accomplished from a musical point of view though.

i think it is funny that someone will make the poll and if it doesnt turn out how they thought or how they wanted it becomes invalid and stupid and everyone voting is an idiot. Man, i feel sorry for the 104 people that picked the wrong choice...take a deep breath, its just for fun

I didn't like Deliverance as much at first, because I felt that Opeth were starting to stagnate. After Ghost Reveries was released, my view on Deliverance changed. I now view it as part of the progression from Orchid to GR. But obviously, Ghost Reveries is the superior album.

Ten SiSi said:
I didn't like Deliverance as much at first, because I felt that Opeth were starting to stagnate. After Ghost Reveries was released, my view on Deliverance changed. I now view it as part of the progression from Orchid to GR. But obviously, Ghost Reveries is the superior album.

how does your view of the entire opeth catalogue effect your view of one of the albums in it? you say that you view it as part of the progression from orchid to GR...well, no shit...every album in between orchid and GR is a progression from orchid to GR...but, does that effect how you feel about the music itself on deliverance?

JoeVice said:
how does your view of the entire opeth catalogue effect your view of one of the albums in it? you say that you view it as part of the progression from orchid to GR...well, no shit...every album in between orchid and GR is a progression from orchid to GR...but, does that effect how you feel about the music itself on deliverance?
I know this is going to be hard for you, but imagine you're reading a book. You finish this book and it doesn't make any sense at all. Then the second comes out and you finish it and suddenly everything makes sense. It's like that. Deliverace is not one of Opeth's finest attempts, but when I hear GR, I think I understand Mikael's thought process for Deliverance. BUt then again, I may not know as much about opeth as you do.

Ten SiSi said:
I know this is going to be hard for you, but imagine you're reading a book. You finish this book and it doesn't make any sense at all. Then the second comes out and you finish it and suddenly everything makes sense. It's like that. Deliverace is not one of Opeth's finest attempts, but when I hear GR, I think I understand Mikael's thought process for Deliverance. BUt then again, I may not know as much about opeth as you do.

i understand that...but, what do you think of deliverance itself? imagine deliverance being the only album that opeth has ever released. what do you think of the album itself...mike's thought process in that specific time. i don't see how a new album can change that.

shark22 said:
I will admit that Ghost of Perdition is better than any song on Deliverance.
and Baying of the Hounds, and Beneath the Mire, and Reverie/Harlequin Forest, and Hours of Wealth, and Isolation Years

Atonement is alright, and TGC is Deliverance quality.

^It's a very straight-forward death metal song. As is Deliverance. Most of the other GR songs are beyond death metal entirely. So, no, you shut up.

Ten SiSi said:
^It's a very straight-forward death metal song. As is Deliverance. Most of the other GR songs are beyond death metal entirely. So, no, you shut up.

Did you listen to A Fair Judgement & By The Pain I See In Others? Theyre far from straight forward death metal..

What has that got to do with them being like straight forward death metal? You're changing the point because you know you're talking bollocks.