Deliverance vs. Ghost Reveries.

Deliverance vs. Ghost Reveries

• Deliverance

Votes: 83 41.7%
  • Ghost Reveries

Votes: 116 58.3%

• Total voters
DegradationTrip said:
I cant stand it that people are bashing BTPISIO so much. It's my favorite Deliverance track and one of Opeth's most innovative in whole.

+1

^^It also has an atmosphere in it that Opeth haven't ever used before in any other song. Truly unique track, although they should've left out the dragged out ending with the reversed vocals.

yeah, i still think it should have been the album opener, especially cos of its intro.
IMO the order of tracks should have been:

By The Pain I See In Others
Wreath
Deliverance
For Absent Friends
Masters Apprentices
A Fair Judgement

this is the only opeth album where i think there is an order change needed though.. the rest are ordered perfectly

doesnt really work if you just rearrange them cos of the mix/production.. plus the end of BTPISIO needs changing

daz436 said:
doesnt really work if you just rearrange them cos of the mix/production.. plus the end of BTPISIO needs changing
I have a feeling BTPISIO wouldnt loose much if you took out the ending. Who decided it was a good idea to have it on in the first place? It's like a 6 year old who has discovered backwards playing in the sound recorder, seriously.

what the hell is with you kids putting "+1" after every other post, is this some kind of circle jerk role playing game

"I grant you +1 to your Idiocy stat, which explains your musical taste"

I chose Deliverance. It's my favorite Opeth album, and always has been.

GR is in 7th place for me. (Damnation is in 8th, if you can even count that one.)

*I hope I don't have to explain that I really do like all of Opeth's albums very much, including GR and Damnation.

illidurit said:
what the hell is with you kids putting "+1" after every other post, is this some kind of circle jerk role playing game

"I grant you +1 to your Idiocy stat, which explains your musical taste"
+1

;)

I agree with you it's silly.

I chose Deliverance. I think GR is a great album, it sounds very clear, they have perhaps simplyfied the guitar work but instead more texture has been added to the whole instrumentation. It has some great songs on there, and I think I like it more and more. The vocal work is really great, especially on the cleaner songs.

However as a guitar player I find Deliverance wins as it is heavier has more complex riffs, as well as at least 3 very memorable acoustic passages and 3 incerdible solos. Vocals are good, though the production isnt as clear, the drums are very good. Deliverance is one of the greatest songs they have made, as is the mellower A Fair Judgement.

Moonlapse said:
Ghost Reveries, easily. It's not even a contest. Not even close to a contest. This thread shouldn't exist.
Your right it's not a contest Deliverance by FAR!!!!!!:kickass:

affinityband said:
I thought it was just like saying you agree with someone...

yeah i always said x2 until i came here and apparently people say +1 here so as far as im aware it just means agreement