Deliverance vs. Ghost Reveries.

Deliverance vs. Ghost Reveries

• Deliverance

Votes: 83 41.7%
  • Ghost Reveries

Votes: 116 58.3%

• Total voters
blimey said:
I just feel as if Opeth has lost the emotion that they had on previous albums.
I don't think so. It is just a different type of emotion; no longer is the emotion so raw and in your face, but harnassed, contained and then shaped into a song.

illidurit said:
people who like deliverance better than ghost reveries are metal fans, not music fans

you really do talk a load of bollocks dont you

i like deliverance and damnation mainly because of the influence from mendez&lopez... if you want to know what im on about watch lamentations documentary.

LMAO DUDE HOLY SHIT YOU CRACK ME UP.

No.

The influence is less obvious in GR, or isnt used to the full potential proven in D&D. Don't bring up BTM to try back up any point of yours because that track is ridiculously poor.

one week after i had bought GR, i returned it to the store to get my money back.

i'll go with Deliverance.

daz436 said:
LMAO DUDE HOLY SHIT YOU CRACK ME UP.

No.

The influence is less obvious in GR, or isnt used to the full potential proven in D&D. Don't bring up BTM to try back up any point of yours because that track is ridiculously poor.
You're right, so just drop it. Don't bother arguing with Illidirt.

BurningSky said:
If you can listen to hours of wealth and isolation years and honestly say they've lost their emotion, you're out of your mind. And, granted it's an opinion, but songs like the amen corner, karma, and white cluster are far from almost flawless. (but i agree, still better than mostly everything else today in the genre)
Congradulations. You've named two songs that have "emotion" on them on GR. Wow, I'm sold.

(I don't think GR is a bad album my any means. Just not as good as some previous works by Opeth.)

blimey said:
Congradulations. You've named two songs that have "emotion" on them on GR. Wow, I'm sold.

(I don't think GR is a bad album my any means. Just not as good as some previous works by Opeth.)
I would add Ghost of Perdition and Atonement in the blink of an eye.

But then I think every GR song contains emotion. Can someone from the other point of view explain exactly why GR lacks emotion?

blimey said:

then why do you want them to continue in the direction theyre going

Because I said this about a week after I got the album, and beleive it or not, people can change their mind.

However, I still think if Opeth continued in the direction of R/HF and GoP (without long ass interludes), I would be a happy guy.

Anyways, I don't really understand your argument. Are you trying to say that people shouldn't change their minds after half a year?

Ghost Reveries over Deliverance.

Ghost Reveries just flows better as an album.

Deliverance was to short. By The Pain I See In Others is a track I could have did without. It's to long and kinda blah ,and I wasnt to big on the title track either. For Absent Friends was good but very short. The only tracks I really liked was "Wreath", "A Fair Judgement" ,and "The Masters Apprentices".

Besides My Arm's Your Hearse kicks the shit out of both albums. :heh: