Deliverence VS BWP (the songs)

Originally posted by Martin 78
Hi.....I`m new here...and I wanted to say that I think "deliverance" is the better one.....
but" damnation" surely is better than both...

Hey this is cool Martin Lopez first post on the board! Welcome... awesome drum-work on Deliverance!!!

deliverance (the song) is prefered over BWP( the song)

simply because BWP goes on a pointless direction about a couple of mins into it from 2.43 - 5-15!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

BWP. Every song on that album can stand on its own. I have reached the clicking point with that one so I have to say BWP over Deliverance. On the other hand Deliverance has been nagging at me all day while I am at work so I know that is a reasuring sign. Song-wise, Deliverance and Master's Apprentice rule the new album. Somehow they remind me of bleak from BWP.

Martin 78 said:
Hi.....I`m new here...and I wanted to say that I think "deliverance" is the better one.....
but" damnation" surely is better than both...

Are you guys sure that this was the name Martin used to post with?

The leper affinity VS. Wreath. The leper affinity wins

Bleak VS. Deliverance. A tie

Harvest VS. A fair judgement. Harvest wins easily

The drapery falls VS. Masters Apprentice. Drapery wins

Dirge for november VS. BTPISIO. BTPISIO wins

Patterns in the Ivy VS. For absent freinds. For absent freinds wins

BWP wins with 3 wins, Deliverance only had 2. So BWP is the better album

That's a tough one...but I'd say BWP, only because of the ending. It's more significant. Otherwise Deliverance is a more enjoyable song for me. And I particularly don't like the production on Blackwater Park (the album). It's 'sounds' boring...

Blackwater park (the song) wins for me. The accoustic interlude for me defines the word "atmosphere".

However it's very close since I love the outro on deliverance, plus, deliverance has amazing drum work and really nice soloing.

Albums... hmm too early to say yet.

I'm not sure. Deliverance is traditionally one of my favorite Opeth songs, and henceforth one of my all time favorite songs, but Blackwater Park is just...wow. I've only heard it a few times, so its hard to judge.