Den Svensk Tråd

paradoxile

Den Sista Ljusbäraren
Jul 20, 2004
Israel
myspace.com
I've decided to take my Swedish one step forward after the whole Ingmar Bergman thing I posted in another thread...so I though...there are a lot of swedish speakers here...some could probably help me.
Hopefully in a few years when I go to Sweden I'll be able to speak the language...
This will confine me to learning swedish here instead of poluting other threads.

question 1:
what is the difference between den,det and de,and in which cases do I use each...examples are more than welcome.

The correct title of this thread should be "Den Svenska tråden".

Question 1:

Den här tråden = This thread.
Det är ganska kallt i Sverige nu = It`s pretty cold in Sweden now.
De som svarar in denna tråd är antagligen svenskar = Thoose who replies in this thread are probably swedes.

:wave:

so De is used in plural, Det is used when you talk in general, and Den is used when you talk about a specific man or Item as I understand it.

what's the difference between "Denna tråd" and Den tråden?

"so De is used in plural, Det is used when you talk in general, and Den is used when you talk about a specific man or Item as I understand it."

Yes !

Denna tråd = this thread
Den tråden = that thread

I'm a little confused
According to the dictionary I use...this and that translates the same to swedish... with the exception of "den/t här" and "den/t där"...

let's see if I got it right?
this monkey in that cage=den här apan i denna bur

paradoxile said:
I'm a little confused
According to the dictionary I use...this and that translates the same to swedish... with the exception of "den/t här" and "den/t där"...

let's see if I got it right?
this monkey in that cage=den apa i denna bur

haha. t`s hard to explain since i`m not an expert with the english language.

This monkey in that cage = Denna apan i den buren.

Deadlift said:
haha. t`s hard to explain since i`m not an expert with the english language.

This monkey in that cage = Denna apan i den buren.

I fixed the post a little...I said "den här apan i denna bur"
is this ok?

paradoxile said:
I think I understand

this [word] in that [word] = Den här [word]+en i denna [word]+en
or Denna [word]+en i den [word]+en

is this correct?

Not quite

If you say

This human in that cage = Den här människan i den buren
This human in that house = Den här människan i det huset

It depens on what you say....cage or house or something else.

Deadlift said:
Not quite

If you say

This human in that cage = Den här människan i den buren
This human in that house = Den här människan i det huset

It depens on what you say....cage or house or something else.

can someone if not you explain me the general structure and logic...perhaps then I will understand.

It's god damn HARD!!!!!

Well....there is no logical explanation always.

One car = En bil.
One window = Ett fönster

Even in Sweden we don`t know when to use "En" or "Ett".
There`s no really good grammatical explanation for that.
You have to grow up with it to just know when to use what.
This is one of thoose things immigrants have very big problems with here.

paradoxile said:
so De is used in plural, Det is used when you talk in general, and Den is used when you talk about a specific man or Item as I understand it.

It's not all that easy. "Den" and "det" are both used for specific items. It has to do with the word you are using. If you talk about something in general (singularis)you use "en" or "ett".

Some examples: EN hund = a dog (one dog) (general sing.), DEN hunden = that /this dog (specific), hundar(plur.)=dogs, DE hundarna (plur. specific)

ETT Öga = one eye (general sing.), DET ögat (specific sing.) Ögon = eyes (general plur.) DE ögonen (specific plur.)

The word "de" is as you can see used to describe specific words in pluralis. Well I hope i've got it right...:loco:

The difference between "denna tråd" and "den tråden" is that the first one means "this one" and the other means "that one". But i think it's more common to say "dEN HÄR trådEN" instead of "denna tråd"

End of lesson:headbang:

Maron said:
It's not all that easy. "Den" and "det" are both used for specific items. It has to do with the word you are using. If you talk about something in general (singularis)you use "en" or "ett".

Some examples: EN hund = a dog (one dog) (general sing.), DEN hunden = that /this dog (specific), hundar(plur.)=dogs, DE hundarna (plur. specific)

ETT Öga = one eye (general sing.), DET ögat (specific sing.) Ögon = eyes (general plur.) DE ögonen (specific plur.)

The word "de" is as you can see used to describe specific words in pluralis. Well I hope i've got it right...:loco:

The difference between "denna tråd" and "den tråden" is that the first one means "this one" and the other means "that one". But i think it's more common to say "dEN HÄR trådEN" instead of "denna tråd"

End of lesson:headbang:

sweet!! Erik to the rescue!!!:worship: