Depeche Mode

Downfall

Damage Driven Creep
Aug 6, 2001
Does anyone listen to Depeche Mode around here?
Awesome music, in my opinion.

Originally posted by E V I L
Enjoy the silence is the only song of theirs I know. I still listen to this song every now and then.

Any recomendations?

I recommend checking out The Singles 86-98 -collection, if you can get your hands on it. I think it is a very good overview of their music.

i own one of those two "The Singles 86-98 -collection" (can´t remember if it's the red or blue one) and listened to it rather much about a year ago, havn´t listened to it since then.. i like them quite a bit, and am not ashamed to say so lol ;)

I enjoyed Black Celebration, Violator and Songs of Faith and Devotion back in the day. Can't be arsed to listem to them more then the Scorpions these days thou.

though i think their earlier works were awful, i really like DM, from 'Music for the masses' to 'Exciter' is quite good & Dave Gahan's vocals are amongst my favorites :)

Greetings.

I really love Depeche Mode, and have done so for years.

The best albums are, in chronological order (and they all follow each other) : Black Celebration (probably my favorite), Music for the Masses, Violator and Songs of Faith and Devotion.

I have listened to Ultra only once or twice, and I loved the singles that came out from this album ; I never heard Exciter. Comments ?

Gahan's voice is awesome. Rare are those that can compare to him, at least in his vocal range.

i ask martin brandstrom what is his fav album of all time and he said it's depeche mode - "the violator" i beleive. i have to start listening to them.

Wow, I didnt thik Id ever see a Depeche Mode thread on the Opeth BB!

I love Depeche Mode. Its funny cause I was just listening to Construction Time Again while doing my fucking homework. I have every single one of their awesome cds. I love Violator though. Halo and Policy of Truth are great. My second favorite would have to be Songs Of Faith and Devotion. Its has the perfect mix with rock elements in there. Walking In My Shoes is a masterpiece. Than theres Music For The Masses and Black Cebration. I love those also. Damn Its hard to choose a fav.

I also have some bootlegs of them. Has anyone heard their B-Sides? Sea Of Sin and Happiest Girl and amazing songs! True Masterpieces!

Damn I love Mode

Greetings.

I, too, am surprised about the popularity of this band over here ; most people think it's a crappy band...Well they're missing something. Are there any fans of 80's New Wave here ? I love The Sisters of Mercy, Indochine, stuff like that... If there are any big fans here, would you have albums/bands you'd like to recommend ? I heard about Clan of Xymox and many other bands, but I'd like to know more...

I really hate that I didn't get a chance to see them last year in Atlanta. I won tickets on the radio but had no transportation to the concert, which was about 4 hours away. I am sure it was a really good show...and I missed it. :(

Originally posted by Blue Moon
Greetings.

Are there any fans of 80's New Wave here ? I love The Sisters of Mercy, Indochine, stuff like that... If there are any big fans here, would you have albums/bands you'd like to recommend ? I heard about Clan of Xymox and many other bands, but I'd like to know more...

I'm a HUGE fan of 80's goth. Besides The Sisters of Mercy I would recommend-
March Violets
BFG
James Ray Performance/Gangwar
Clan of Xymox are good but kind of etherial, not aggresive
Red Lorry Yellow Lorry
Rosetta Stone

And my favorites-
Christion Death-beautiful textural aggresive and subtle all at once
Fields of the Nephilim-THE ultimate goth band!!!

I have a substantial record/cd collection if you ever have any questions about certain bands or styles.

Greetings.

Hi Dolphz, thanks for replying.

Well, my question shall be brief at this late hour... Can you describe a bit more every band you named ? If you have the time of course ; if possible, tell me why you like this band more than that band, and so on. I'd really appreciate, and I'll download a few things to tell my comments about it.

Also, are you into more modern electronica bands, like Apoptygma Berzerk, VNV Nation and so on ? If not, tell me ! Then we'll share some knowledge wich, I'm sure, will be more than profitable for each other :)