Describe Arcturus...

I'm drunk and having very weird mind trips about seeing Vortex in April. You guys just don't understand, this is a huge deal for me. It's going to be one of the most defining moments of my life. What if I dont get the spot in front of him? Damn...I've never been to the Austin venue. I gotta be in front of Vortex. Man it's really scaring me for some reason I should be excited but the thought of seeing Vortex...he's my god!!!!

I shouldn't be worried about it right? For some reason the thought of seeing Simen is giving me bad anxiety. I gotta be right in front of him.

Seeing him wasn't that big of a deal for me, mostly because I was a bit pissed off because Dimmu didn't bother coming with us to the tattoo place minus Tony. Sven was being a fag and said he wanted to check his emails and Simen said he was sleeping. Boooooooooooo. So I was a bit annoyed and I guess didn't enjoy the show as much as I would have.

Why do you keep calling him Sven??? whats getting a tattoo like cause I'm getting one in April.

Cait, you're so cool! you got a Borky tatto thus you are the coolest!

Silenoz' name is Sven, he asked to be called Sven rather than Silenoz. Although Shagrath is "Shaggy" which made me lol.

It's hard to describe getting a tattoo, everyone I asked couldn't describe it either. Closest I can say is.. ever used a compass in school (for math, not geography) if you ran the needle point across your skin, getting a tattoo is similar to that. Only difference is that it can stop in one place and they always lift it off before pain strongly sets in, Also after a while it feels a bit numb. Depends where on the body you get it too, getting it on your wrist or arms aren't too bad since it's just usually fat or muscle there, only part on the arm that really hurts is the elbow or underneath near your armpit. But yeah, any bone or soft tissue tends to be the most painful, that's all.

I can't say I have much of a favourite, they change a lot. I've been addicted to The Witching Hour recently though.

Solefald and Vintersorg don't really have any of their own symbols. While Vintersorg does have that nicely designed "V" I just felt it didn't work right because it had no real unique meaning away from being 'that Vintersorg logo'. The thing is with the Borknagar tattoo is that even if I stopped liking Borknagar in my old age or something it's still a sweet design that doesn't look too bad.

But overall, Borknagar is a band who I've loved over the years without ever getting really tired. Probably a lot more than the others.

Isjungfrun said:
Solefald and Vintersorg don't really have any of their own symbols.
you know what would be really awesome, two rings which have "SOLE" and "FALD" printed on them, as pictured in the (original) Neonism and In Harmonia Universali booklets.

Skip to 1:20, some more Vortex singing not so good :lol:

btw Tony really sucks (the drummer, Hellhammer replacement), he dishonors Hellhammer's drumming on those songs.

Last edited by a moderator:
Det Som Engang Var or Heartless_Name,
a new image you can use as avatar! :p

v.JPG

I can't say I have much of a favourite, they change a lot. I've been addicted to The Witching Hour recently though.

Solefald and Vintersorg don't really have any of their own symbols. While Vintersorg does have that nicely designed "V" I just felt it didn't work right because it had no real unique meaning away from being 'that Vintersorg logo'. The thing is with the Borknagar tattoo is that even if I stopped liking Borknagar in my old age or something it's still a sweet design that doesn't look too bad.

But overall, Borknagar is a band who I've loved over the years without ever getting really tired. Probably a lot more than the others.

Your drawing of my sheep is the new main Borknagar symbol. Where will you have this tattoo?