Arcturus...

Rivfadír;7562295 said:
I think we should just keep the discussion in here. I mean, it's not like this forum is drowning in activity as it is. And I assure you, and Arcturus-forum here would be no different. It might even move slower, due to the fact that no news will ever be brought up.

What would you discuss there anyway?

It's our money, let us waste it :p

Random question regarding Sverd's wikipedia page. What is this unreleased 'Prophecies of Fire' thingy under his stint with Covenant? Wasn't that the working title of Animatronic? I didn't think he had anything to do with that album. o_O

Also, did they ever re-issue Sideshow Symphonies with a fixed mix? The original issue was pretty messed up.

On one hand, Rivfadir is right, why do we need an Arcuturus Unofficial/Fan forum if there is not that much activity here?

On the other hand, Heartless is right, it'd be our money and well we can do whatever we want with it :p .

It'd be a nice way to give a "tribute" to the band, we could just have it as a place to post links of pics of the band.

I'm not sure about this hehe :p .

Devourer said:
Maybe they should just bring arcturus.no back online..had tons of fan made photo's of their concert and other stuff.
yeah I'd rather spend a few bucks a year to keep that site running, I think Arcturus discussions are always welcome on this Borknagar forum

Random question regarding Sverd's wikipedia page. What is this unreleased 'Prophecies of Fire' thingy under his stint with Covenant? Wasn't that the working title of Animatronic? I didn't think he had anything to do with that album. o_O

Also, did they ever re-issue Sideshow Symphonies with a fixed mix? The original issue was pretty messed up.
yes originally Sverd was supposed to be participating on Animatronic (the working title was indeed Prophecies of Fire), but after the guys played at the Dynamo Open Air festival in Holland in 1998, he, Astennu and Sarah left the band.

The production is shit. Sound levels vary wildly from song to song, there are *click* sounds in the mix, there's that stupid burp on Deamonpainter, etc.

The burp is awesome! Definately belongs to the song. He did it live too :p

Agree about the crappy quality though. Daemon Painter ends quite abrubtly, Shipwrecked Frontier Pioneer (my favorite song) is alot lower volume than the other songs... Overall quality of the album is just low!

Oh yeah, those imperfections. All and all I liked it. The sound quality isn't bad. Those are mostly engineering mistakes...

Arcturus!!!11 They need a new board.
Yes I would pay, hundreds of bucks!
I mean, they deserve it!

Wait... maybe not hundreds but... I would pay, yeah...

Looking for unexisting FTEYA piano sheets. I already have the beginning figured out.

I think 'Sideshow Symphonies' was a great album, and definitely up there as far as their material is concerned. In a way, though, it was fitting that they ended, as I think that was the last logical chapter to their musical journey... kinda thing. I was lucky enough to be at their last ever live show in Melbourne, Australia, so that was bitter sweet.