Describe Arcturus...

Thanks so much for sending it!

Sounds like theres a lot of flanger going through Simens vocals. Hmm...not too bad. But it makes me think the rerecorded over the whole damn dvd.

I still love Vortex but it's just funny to hear stuff like this :)

It's giving me a huuuuuuuuuuge stress rush. Mostly Caits comment. Then again I deserve it for bashing Cornelius.

PLEASE tell me the Dimmu Borgir Ozzfest videos he didn't rerecord over. Heartless you saw Dimmu right? Simen sounded ok right??? Right?

I mean I don't think this is all that bad but fuck.

I saw Dimmu live too in september and Vortex rocked there. It's just different every concert I guess, and unfortunately this one, which was planned for the DVD, was a bit messed up :p Plus, he was the lead vocalist.

Sounds like theres a lot of flanger going through Simens vocals. Hmm...not too bad. But it makes me think the rerecorded over the whole damn dvd.

No, I think he did a great job, though not as flawless as the DVD was made to respresent, I still think he did well all things considered. It is not uncommon for bands to go back and replace certain things on a live album/DVD with re-recorded bits. Sometimes things beyond your control go wrong, or don't happen as well as you'd like so sometimes it's ok to alter it. I'm ok with some small things being replaced, a solo here, a vocal passage there, maybe even a song or two but if you do too much then it ceases to be a live DVD and just becomes more of a studio effort. Hopefully Devourer is able to send the whole thing another time so I can judge whether or not they did that but my faith and knowledge leads me to believe that for the most part, the live DVD is authentic with not too much stuff replaced.

Worst case scenario, it goes from perfect as it is to pretty good... in my eyes anyways.

HAHAHAHA THIS IS AWFUL
BUT
HAHAHAHAHA
Oh Vortex, I knew it was a good choice to lose respect in you a long time ago~

Woah, take it down a notch :lol: EVERY musician has off performances, EVERYONE. :lol: To declare such a thing over this is kind of silly, I mean you're entitled to your opinion and if you're using other things to base this comment on other than this then that's a bit better but even still. IMO, fanboyness aside, it wasn't awful. He messed up a few parts but everyone does that, very few vocalist are perfect live, especially ones as... diverse and unqiue... as Vortex

:erk: besides I've heard MUCH worse from Mr. V.... listen to Ad Noctum sung by him.

:cry:

*sigh*...some of it is pretty bad. Not all though.

It isn't that bad, not great, but not bad enough for me to thing he sucks. For live things I am very forgiving, regardless of the artist. Half the fun of hearing things live is hearing the differences, otherwise what's the point, you can just listen to the CD. I think he wasn't horribly off, for 85% of the song he sang it well. I've seen much, much worse at shows.

Don't hate my guys for bringing this stuff up :erk:
I still love Vortex but it's just funny to hear stuff like this :)

:lol: I find it interesting also, I'm glad you still had it.

PLEASE tell me the Dimmu Borgir Ozzfest videos he didn't rerecord over. Heartless you saw Dimmu right? Simen sounded ok right??? Right?

:lol: Yes I saw him with Borgir, I stood in front of him the entire show on the gate. Fucking magical.

Don't be stressed, :lol: It's just one performance. There's PLENTY of Dimmu stuff that proves the contrary, he is an amazing live singer... not to mention that one Borknagar bootleg from 1999, really great.

I saw Dimmu live too in september and Vortex rocked there.
:headbang:

So Vortex is on the left side right? In April I gotta be right in front of him. What songs did they play? I can't wait to see him it'll be the best day of my life. I wonder I should shout to him Quintessence is the best album ever or that he should make his solo album.

But I have the feeling I'll never see the Borkys, ugh. I can see it now "Borknagar for some fest in Norway", and my dumbass quit my job. So no Borky for me! No flying to Norway. Damnit Borkys please come here I don't care which state!

Can't ever see Myrkgrav either since it's a damn solo project. Ugh. Stupid America. I want to move to Europe!