Desperate to find metal that's not Death metal or metal about death...

Unless you have a problem with wolves (I hear they are carnivores), listen to Ulver.

Nownownownwownownwownwonwow.

ænimated said:
Unless you have a problem with wolves (I hear they are carnivores), listen to Ulver.

Nownownownwownownwownwonwow.
Yeah, Ulver is good. They don't play metal anymore, but still very interesting to listen to.

Yeah, why listen to metal if you don't want to blast Necrophagist and shout out "Mutilate the Stillborn?" Bands that are gory often hardly take themselves seriously at all. You shouldn't either. There are lots of good recommendations here anyway, necro or not.

Spiral Architect isn't thatttttt good in my most humble opinion... they just throw riffs after riffs without any structure.

Krigloch the Furious said:
fuck, this thread is gay.

Hence, it has reached a second page. Would all the people who want to answer this seriously please hurry the fuck up so this can fall away into the abyss and my balls can stop hurting?

Arrakis said:
eh, listen to music for the music. llyrics are 2nd to music

Ah, but good music is an aesthetic representation of said lryics, if we're not talking about an instrumental. But even without lryics, music represents the ideas, additudes, and beliefs of the artist(s) creating them. Thus good music has these wonderful notes that are an outward extension of said ideas. Why is this simple fact denied by thousands, or perhaps more? Is all music blind, random creation? Some of it is, sure; but to deny the very basis of the creative process is completely moronic. I take issue with the statement, "llyrics are 2nd to the music" because it's "insides, guts" while the music itself is the exterior. Examine them as a whole and you're getting what's intended out of music. Otherwise, you're just putting your brain on pause.

god5ey.jpg