Destroyer 666

Their latest: Cold Steel...For An Iron Age. Its a lot more straightforward and thrashing than the rest, very good stuff though. Anywhere you start is good, because this bands owns start to finish.

Cold Steel is a lousy place to start because it's really quite un-energetic compared with earlier works. Phoenix Rising is easily the best place to start, because it's uncompromising and everything that makes the band so great.

Décadent said:
Cold Steel is a lousy place to start because it's really quite un-energetic compared with earlier works

Are you kidding? Black City - Black Fire isnt absolute speed, but its got some of the most energy of any Destroyer 666 song. Raped and The Calling also.

I find that one can get quite a bit out of Destroyer 666 if one approaches them the same way as they would approach, say, Arghoslent. Still, they're just a tad overrated. Regardless, Unchain the Wolves is my favourite, the opening track is a blinder.

No fuckin' way.

But does anyone have any thoughts on Violence is the Prince of This World? I got it the other week, finally, and it's fucking rough as guts.