Bands that improve

Hmmm I think Skyfire has gotten better with each album.

I agree.

Also like to add SuidAkra, they've always kicked ass, but their newer albums are just so fucking great.

That might be true if Command to Charge didn't exist. I haven't heard the latest one either.

V.V.V.V.V said:
Totally fucking agree. The new one is their worst yet, maybe.

You're crazy:p

Nost of you will probably disagree, but Dimmu Borgir I think has improved over the years, maybe not as a black metal band, but just a band in general. If they have sold out, they could've fooled me.

Nile - They got better with each album (ie better production and better song writing). A lot of their older stuff just sounds like a blur of blastbeats and noise. Annihilation of the Wicked is the best they've ever done.
Arghoslent - Though they did not release more than three albums on a label, they have been around since the early 1990s. Incorrigible Bigotry is fucking ace, and I can't wait to hear their new album.

Nost of you will probably disagree, but Dimmu Borgir I think has improved over the years, maybe not as a black metal band, but just a band in general. If they have sold out, they could've fooled me.

They have not improved in any way. Then again, it's going to be hard to get worse than DCA, which is why I'm hopeful for this new album in April.

DCA is more polished than other efforts. which can be good or bad. but i dont think anyone can argue with the fact that dimmu borgir started being a generic symphonic BM band and have evolved into their own sound.
~gR~

Older Immortal is great, but I think they improved half way into their career and with time, once Abbath took over on guitar the band just took a huge musical leap with At The Heart of Winter. I think once Immortal also focused more on production this really demenstrated how powerful and intence Immortal really was and besides being extreme for the early 90's the band was still up their with other extreme acts also in modern times. I am sure a lot of Immortal fans think Pure Holocaust is the greatest Immortal album and I agree it's great.

for all tid and some other early stuff is garbage.
Can't stand the pisspoor production.Dimmu has been kicking ass for long time now and they aren't slowing down.
My buddy played me the enslaved/emperor split and somehow he thinks its SOOO much better than isa or ruun. Fuck no, not even close. Just because "YOU" found em first...doesnt mean that since they're popular now they suck. Shallow people need to open their eyes.

well, music wise, i think early enslaved is better than isa or ruun. not to say they arent all solid releases. my personal favorite is below the lights.

but the production definitely got better over time, and that helps
~gR~

Can't stand the pisspoor production.Dimmu has been kicking ass for long time now and they aren't slowing down.

I dunno, the only thing I liked about Dimmu was the sad, almost weeping melodies on mainly Stormblast and EDT. Now it's just blast evil blast evil world misanthropy. Never got into For All Tid either.

My buddy played me the enslaved/emperor split and somehow he thinks its SOOO much better than isa or ruun.

Why listen to either one of those when there's so much good stuff in between em?

I think opeth has improved where a lot of people see them as getting worse and their new album sucking. Lately I prefere their newer albums and find them much more interesting.

My buddy played me the enslaved/emperor split and somehow he thinks its SOOO much better than isa or ruun. Fuck no, not even close. Just because "YOU" found em first...doesnt mean that since they're popular now they suck. Shallow people need to open their eyes.

But the Enslaved/Emperor split fucking kills Isa or Ruun. Though I'd rather listen to Vikingligir Veldi and Below the Lights.

I think Death Cult Armageddon disagrees with that!

I think Death Cult Armageddon disagrees with that!

What! DCA was great!

I think opeth has improved where a lot of people see them as getting worse and their new album sucking. Lately I prefere their newer albums and find them much more interesting.

Agreed, I like their newer material over the older.

Though I love the older stuff as well.

I'm not a fan of Dimmu Borgir in general but for some reason I prefer Death Cult Armageddon to some of their older stuff. For All Tid and Stormblast bore me to sleep.