Bands that improve

Oh, I forgot these also...

Pantera
In Flames
Arch Enemy
Shadows Fall
Lamb Of God
At The Gates
Holy pus in a chalice. What a disgraceful list. Where is Britney Spears? True, she is quite inconsistent and cock-dependent,but the wench should be celebrated on every corner for liberating half of the world's population from the clutches of chronic constipation with her bowels-breaking opus : "Oops, I did it again" .
Sorry for trolling, if you were actually sincere about it, but I somehow doubt it.

Hmmm I think Skyfire has gotten better with each album.

Also like to add SuidAkra, they've always kicked ass, but their newer albums are just so fucking great.

Death improved quite a bit in the course of their career. I often wish Chuck hadn't died so there'd be a possibility of a comeback or at least some more Control Denied.

Blind Guardian became much more epic and melodic as their career progressed, but some don't really see this as an improvement. I, however, believe their songwriting talent elevated despite the heightened appeal to the average listener. Let me remind you that POPPY does not necessarily equal BAD.

Also, Limbonic Art.

I haven't decided whether this is true or not. Sure they evolved, putting out excellent album after excellent album, but I call it more of a consistent evolution rather than improvement. Each album is great in its own way and stands equal with the others.

We'll see what they have to offer us this summer before I consider whether or not they have improved.