Bands that improve

cannibal corpse improved, though the albums with chris barnes were good they got heaps better after george fisher joined

also deicide got heaps better when jack owen joined them, the stench of redemption is a fantastic album

In a good way?

All I own is EDT, which isn't quite bad. If I were to listen to cheesy black metal though, I'd prefer something like Old Man's Child.

How is their older material? And how is the new stormblast compared to the older one?

In a good way?

All I own is EDT, which isn't quite bad. If I were to listen to cheesy black metal though, I'd prefer something like Old Man's Child.

How is their older material? And how is the new stormblast compared to the older one?

The newer Stormblast has a massive production with the guitars in your face in the forefront. In my opinion it sounds much more balanced and has a very "stormy" atmosphere as opposed to the weak and macabre atmosphere of the original.

So basically if the lack of guitars on the original disappointed you, then the new one is for you.

I like the new Stormblast, but it isn't like the old one.

"Nost of you will probably disagree, but Dimmu Borgir I think has improved over the years, maybe not as a black metal band, but just a band in general. If they have sold out, they could've fooled me."

I agree with some of what you said. I dont think they get better wich each album though however I admit to liking the new material including DCA. IMO, Puritanical Euphoric Misanthropia is their best album. (pfft, sue me)

stormblast the redo is fantastic

though the original was good i prefer the new one mostly because it has sorgens kammer del 2 on it :)

but dimmu borgir are basically good throughout their albums,

i like black metal but some of it annoys me (Immortal for one) i just don't like the sound of bands like immortal and people are probably gonna pay the shit out of me but its just my oppinion

though i have heard immortal live and they were pretty good for a live band but the cd stuff just annoys me

Mayhem on the other hand are fantastic all round,

marduk have also got the black metal stuff going well for them

the only people who think newer opeth is better than older opeth are deaf people, because it's the only time everyone else wishes they were also deaf.

arghoslent is another band that has bettered itself imo. incorrigible bigotry kills their back-catalogue (not saying that arsenal of glory etc. sucks or anything - far from it)