Dexter

Has anyone seen this show? OMG I bought season one after a ton of people told me that I "have to see it". I watched the first season in one weekend.

I went and picked up the second season on MOnday. I've only gotten about 4 episodes into it so far... But man, what a well written show.

There are characters that I love and ones that I hate... but I'm so compelled to watch it.

I lent season one to my uncle, he made it through the first disk before going to bed.

Then he woke up at 2 am and watched until 7am. He said he couldn't get to sleep knowing that Dexter was calling for him.

Who else is hooked?

-Metal

And please if you put in a spoiler make sure to note it before! Thanks!

A fantastic show! I was hooked from the first episode from the first season. My wife and I watched with white knuckles as Season Two unfolded. We were on edge throughout Season Three. We haven't been that gripped by a television series in years.

The acting is first-rate. The witty inner dialog is reminiscent of Woody Allen's counterpoint narration. The characters are deep, compelling, and likable.

I think 95% of television is a waste of brainpower, time, and energy. But Dexter is an exception, a stand-out show amidst a lot of drek.

I highly recommend Dexter. Get the first two seasons on DVD and you'll know why people rave about the show!

Bill

P.S. We subscribed to Showtime just to watch Dexter and Californication. We watched NO television before that. But we had to watch those two programs as they were broadcast.

I think 95% of television is a waste of brainpower, time, and energy. But Dexter is an exception, a stand-out show amidst a lot of drek.

Actually, I think TV is better now than it has ever been. There IS a lot of crap to wade through, but the good shows (there are many) are worth it.

P.S. We subscribed to Showtime just to watch Dexter and Californication. We watched NO television before that. But we had to watch those two programs as they were broadcast.

Californication is amazing... I like it even more than Dexter. (Apples-oranges, I know. :) )

I've been saving the season three episodes till I can sit down and give it a good run, but season two was off the hook. I loved season one, but two sucked me in like few shows have. Definitely one of the few diamonds in the huge sea of shit called television.

I've been saving the season three episodes till I can sit down and give it a good run, but season two was off the hook. I loved season one, but two sucked me in like few shows have. Definitely one of the few diamonds in the huge sea of shit called television.

Alright so I finished season 2. Hell I even got up at 7 am on a Saturday to watch it.

All I can say is HOLY SHIT! Talk about a well written show. How everything ties back together in ways you don't see until everything is unfolded..... After watching season two, I see how certian things were set up in season one.

Any one know when season 3 comes out on DVD? I'm on edge waiting for it.

-Metal

I initially got into Dexter from watching Six Feet Under, which is also a very kickass show.
I fell in love with Michael C. Hall's acting and when I found out about Dexter I was instantly hooked.
One of the best shows on television right now, for sure.

I initially got into Dexter from watching Six Feet Under, which is also a very kickass show.
I fell in love with Michael C. Hall's acting and when I found out about Dexter I was instantly hooked.
One of the best shows on television right now, for sure.

The stuff Dexter studies for a living is the same color as your hair! :kickass:

Wow, so did this thread get completely derailed or what??

<warbling Midnight vocals>"Mask...Mask of the thread death..."</warbling Midnight vocals>

If just ONE more person watches Dexter or listens to Transcendence because of our inane babbling, then it was worth it. Free publicity!