Breaking Bad - A must watch

I'm now into season 2. Still a long way behind, but getting there.

I dunno if you guys will remember it, but the best scene I've seen so far was when the young guy goes to his old bandmate's place and tries to stay there for a couple of nights after his parents kick him out of his aunt's house.

I just watched the end of season three. The way that guy got shot was a real downer. It's only a show, but man it gets you involved. I'm being vague so as not to spoil anything for anyone who is yet to watch it...

Hah I now watch it almost every night and get a bit peeved when I can't.

For anyone interested, JB Hifi have 2-for-1 sale on Breaking Bad DVDs. Picked up seasons 1-4 on DVD for $42.50.
The DVD extras are actually worth watching unlike most half-arsed turd-fests tacked on when releasing as DVD (interview with director, not-funny outtakes, interview with some random cunt in a beret, etc etc)

But I only usually watch extras featuring random cunts in berets. I guess I could make an exception for this one though.

I'm about three episodes into season five now, so I've almost caught up. It's all I've been watching in recent times.

"Summer" 2013.

Oh well.

My (extreme long shot) hope is that they're putting the second half of season 5 off because they're also filming a secretive Breaking Bad movie which will be announced not long after S05 resumes airing, the massive buzz will prompt AMC to change their mind and renew for a 6th season, and we won't need to worry about cancellations again for at least another 3-4 years.

Nah, I think it's one of those shows that's so great it needs to end. If it runs too long it will become a parody of itself. Every season has been better than the one before, except for this season. I think it might have peaked, and it's an excellent time to finish it. If they do that it'll become one of those iconic series, if it continues it'll become one of those series that was pretty good, but petered out towards the end.

I think they're using the break to work out how the hell to end it in a satisfactory manner. Tough gig.

Yeah they only get one shot at ending it.
I reckon at the back of the writers minds would be the fact that they could have perfectly ended it at the season 4 finale, so they will do everything to try and make it perfect.
We already know from the first scene of season 5 that Walt is on the run.
Hank knows....
No Mike....

I spent a large chunk of the weekend re-watching the first two seasons now I have a decent home theatre set-up happening.
Not only an awesome show the first time through, but it has the very rare distinction of making more sense after going back instead of showing a lot of retrospective story holes.

If they don't change their mind and make a season 6, I hope they at least make a spin-off series around Saul.

Yeah they only get one shot at ending it.
I reckon at the back of the writers minds would be the fact that they could have perfectly ended it at the season 4 finale

Having now watched up to the end of season 4 and no further, it's a lot more 'final' than the other 3 finales. It seems almost like they weren't sure they were going to get a fifth season out of it - they've left just enough loose ends to continue with if they want but it could wrap up at 4 seasons and it wouldn't feel incomplete.

So from here they've got 16 episodes to some how build it up to bigger heights than during the Pollos Hernandos saga and bring the entire story to an even more complete resolution. If they pull it off they're absolute geniuses.