Breaking Bad - A must watch

Spruce Goose

Then Goose me up woman!
Apr 17, 2001
Sydney
scholar.uws.edu.au~13326874
Has anyone seen this tv show?
I just finished season one and am 2 eps into season 2.
Holy shit....
It is fucking awesome and intense!

Basic Premise:
Walter White, A high school chemistry teacher is struggling through life. He has a pregnant wife and a retarded son. The family are strapped for cash. Walt finds out that he has lung cancer and it looks like he only has a few years left to live. Knowing that he will leave his family without a dollar and with no support, he takes his chemistry knowledge and starts cooking crystal meth. He teams up with an ex student who is now a dealer and they bumble their way through the drug manifacture and distribution ring. Walts brother in law is a DEA agent and is assigned the case of finding out where this new meth is coming from.

Man.... it is so gripping. The acting and writing is supurb and by the end of the first season, you wont be able to stop watching it!

Season 4 is starting soon, so I seriously recommend catching up if you have not. Best show I have watched in ages. JB HIFI has the dvds at $19 a season I think.

100318074122287028.jpg

I missed the start of it when it screened on both ABC and Foxtel but what I saw of it was incredible and well worth going back to the start for.

Other great American series to catch include Boardwalk Empire: Atlantic City (New Jersy) at the start of Prohibition when corruption reigned and Steve Bushemi (spelling) tries to keep control over it all.
Deadwood: Western showing the rise of the city of Deadwood in the new territories of the US (not officially states yet) and the power & personally struggles within, brutal and funny.
Rome: made with the BBC, shows Rome up during the raise of Caesar and the fall of the republic by showing the ruling class as the ordinary people. Can be slow at time but still good.
Carnivale: a few years old and was cancelled before the story ended but a brilliant tale of the last days of magic during the Great Despression.
the Tudors: Henery the VIII and his wicked ways.

Great show. One of my favs. I think the 4th season starts in America at the end of June.

Other top shows are...

Justified
Game of thrones
Deadwood
Sons of Anarchy (first 2 seasons anyway)
True Blood

Sounds good. I've heard of it lots of times, but have never seen an episode. Will have to check it out sometime. It seems like there's been a lot of good programs in recent times though, which is great.

I heard so much good stuff about it that I had to check it out about 12 months back. I did really enjoy it and look forward to season four, but I am not sure it was worth all the hype I was hearing. On the flip side, I heard negative reviews of season three, and enjoyed that just as much as the rest really.

I just finished Season 3 in time for the season 4 premiere this week.
So good.... So, so good.
Best tv show of all time I reckon.
Season 3 was probably my favourite season so far....
It had so many intense scenes:

SPOILERS

The scene where Hank follows Jessie to the junk yard where the RV is and Walt and Jessie are inside as Hank is trying to break in.... Fuck me.
The scene with Tuco's cousins and the shootout with Hank in the carpark... wow
The scene at the hospital where the cousin sees Walt and crawls out of bed towards him
The shootout / car running over the 2 dealers who had the kid shoot Combo
The very last scene of the season :OMG:
Any scene with Gustavo

Looking forward to tonights ep.
The season opener was great and intense as usual.
Last weeks was one of those slower episodes that focus on the characters, but still brilliantly made.
Tonights should be a cracker! Cant wait to see where it goes.

I've just started watching Breaking Bad from the beginning based on your recommendation. I'm about halfway through season 2 - and WOW! Love it.

:popcorn:

I just downloaded seasons 1 to 3, also based on your recommendation. I'll let you know when I start watching it etc.

This weeks episode was fuckin awesome.
After 2 quiet weeks (including last week which was the worst ep so far I reckon), it returned to form big time this week!
Going to be a long week waiting for the next ep!

I've had season 1 for more than a year and finally watched it this week. Excellent. I have 2 and 3 sitting here but I'll leave it for a while.

Almost through Season 3!
Easily some of the best TV I've ever watched. Brilliant stuff.

Last watched The Fly episode..
Very reminiscent of some classic dark M.A.S.H.