Diamond Head returning to Chicago!!!!!!!!!!

You are not old enough to make a comment like that........ LOL....

Yeah but I am, and I did see Death with Chuck. I agree, it is not death without Chuck. And as for Thin Lizzy well the same goes. Phil and Chuck were so essential to both of those bands that without them it is nothing more than a cover band.
I saw a Thin Lizzy cover band at my friend's wedding reception that I enjoyed way more than the Warwick fronted Lizzy. Pulling up deep cuts kind of added to that.

Yeah but I am, and I did see Death with Chuck. I agree, it is not death without Chuck. And as for Thin Lizzy well the same goes. Phil and Chuck were so essential to both of those bands that without them it is nothing more than a cover band.

Not arguing that for a second.
All I was doing was pointing out that the same could be said for Diamond Head.
Sure, Tatler wrote a lot of the music, but still......

Anyhow, the point is that if you have never seen a band and want to, you gotta take what you can get, and know going in what to expect (or in some cases not expect)

I went to see the Death to All thing last year. It actually was one of the better concerts I've been to in years, despite being a bit apprehensive about it. I don't consider it Death per say though, and I think this recent incarnation for the most part is Cynic plus a couple more guys.

Not arguing that for a second.
All I was doing was pointing out that the same could be said for Diamond Head.
Sure, Tatler wrote a lot of the music, but still......

Anyhow, the point is that if you have never seen a band and want to, you gotta take what you can get, and know going in what to expect (or in some cases not expect)

I just can't get behind it. I hate cover bands. I find the "tribute band" to be even more pathetic than the cover band. And I have just as much chance of seeing
Thin Lizzy as I do of meeting Jesus, it's just not happening.
Sure a singer can be replaced but Phil was just not a singer he was Thin Lizzy. Same with Chuck and Death.

Amazing show last night.
Everyone knows by now what Diamond Head plays live which has pretty much been consistent since the last tour they did a couple years back.

Turnout was about what I expected, maybe 100.

Cauldron were great too.
I think they would be an amazing live band if they had a frontman instead of a bassist / vocalist, but just my opinion.

I would say 100 is very generous. I would say 60-70 max.

Great show though. I really don't know why I was hesitant to see them. They have great energy (minus the bassist) and great stage presence.

As for Cauldron I was surprised. I listened to a couple of their stuff previously and didn't care for it; however, they were very good live, so I may give them another shot.

I think they actually work fine as a 3-piece.

Some pics:
DH3_zps191d4046.jpg

DH2_zpsdddb9c1b.jpg

DH1_zpseef7edf8.jpg