Diamond Head returning to Chicago!!!!!!!!!!

Fair enough. Regardless, they are indeed lumped in that group.
I certainly wasnt knocking it.
Either way, as the band CAULDRON, they are in the retro scene, regardless of what band they were in prior.

Only reason I point that out is that I disagree with Justin that they are in the same scene as Widow or TTD.

I will definitely check them out some more, and do look forward to seeing them live. It will add energy to the bill indeed.

And like it or not, they are in the same "scene" as Widow and TTD. Maybe not the same quality level, but the same traditional metal scene.

And the Sword may lack some kind of cred/authenticity/what have you, but they're worlds better than a lot of the "true" bands playing that kind of music.

I honestly don't give a band about the true/creds. If it sounds good to me and is well done, that's all I care about. Hell, imo their last album was the best album released last year.

@ Justin - By that logic you put Diamond Plate and Warbringer in the same scene as Testament and Overkill?

I mean, in the end, I agree with Simon. If a band is good, and you like the tunes, then its all good.

Bottom line its great to see younger bands (Regardless of how long they have been "into" it) playing true traditional metal.

I wouldn't go that far (top 20 for sure though), but it was a hell of an album. I think I like Warp Riders better though.

I'll be honest. When it came out, I only gave it a few spins. I think at the time there was a bunch of other stuff I was listening to. As far as their latest album though, the reason I say that is it really hit me more than anything else last year. It's certainly not reinventing the wheel, but it definitely blew me away.

No. I'm not even sure how you're getting that. I'm not putting any (relatively) recent bands in with the '80s bands that started the sound/scene.

Sure, Widow and TTD aren't from the same era as Omen and Manilla Road, yet they certainly came up long before the current retro trend which in my eyes sets them apart from the White Wizzards, and such.....

That's all I really meant. Not really a big deal either way.

Kudos to Cauldron as they are making more money than TTD and Widow combined.