Diamond Head returning to Chicago!!!!!!!!!!

There are folk bands here in the States.
Bottom line is no one has asked for any.

People have asked for various doom bands.

Just sayin you can slam doom everyway to Sunday.
It's in demand baby!

which ones are in the states???? oh yeah...not any asides highschool kid bands. Any real one is from out of country.

The reason no one asked for any is because everyone knows this isnt a fest that covers that even though the name and logo look like a folk metal fest.

There are folk bands here in the States.
Bottom line is no one has asked for any.

People have asked for various doom bands.

Just sayin you can slam doom everyway to Sunday.
It's in demand baby!

Jason, I love doom too, but to say it's in demand is a little bit of a stretch. It's a VERY underground genre and will probably stay there.

Jason, I love doom too, but to say it's in demand is a little bit of a stretch. It's a VERY underground genre and will probably stay there.

Debating what metal genres are more underground than others?

Doom has even made its way to Prog Power, and now even MDF.........

Sure, Pentagram aren't going to sell out House of Blues, but there's more younger up and comer metal fans checking out bands like Orchid and Pallbearer than Ensiferum and Turisas. That ship has sailed (no pun intended)

Sure, Pentagram aren't going to sell out House of Blues, but there's more younger up and comer metal fans checking out bands like Orchid and Pallbearer than Ensiferum and Turisas. That ship has sailed (no pun intended)

actually Ensiferum and Turisas draw huge numbers. Again you love to post stuff you know little about. Even with album sales those bands do well compared to lots of genres today in metal. Ensiferum drew about 500 or maybe more at Logan Square Auditorium when I saw them 2 years ago. Turisas sold out Reggies and will probably do even better at Bottom Lounge next month.

Doom does have lots of interest but to say it is doing better than these bands is just silly. It is a lot like the fold metal wave...it is a current trend at the moment...just like NWOBHM and classic rock stuff. It all comes in waves....eventually there will be another power metal buzz again or melo death metal thing. It all goes in cycles.

Doom has barely been a part of progpower. WHW is not entirely a doom band.

You're out of your damn mind if you think those bands do better than Ensiferum and Turisas. You need to do your research before speculating, sir. Pallbearer is gaining some momentum though, I will say that.

the viking / folk metal stuff still draws and sells well. I am really curious to see Turisas in a few weeks to see their draw.

I agree with Simon...the only mild doom band that has played PP is While Heaven Wept and I wouldnt call them full on doom. Come on...even Ragnarokkr has only had one doom band...Stone Magnum and they didnt even want to play thier doomier stuff in fear of not getting a good reaction.

Even at the Cianide show there were people like myself who ran out of the room when Gates of Slumber played but they still had a large aount of people still watching.

We all know you love doom, but because you like it doesnt mean it is this huge thing.

I just like ruffling your feathers.....

A lot of bigger labels have been eating up doom bands lately.

And people, even you Bob, are starting to open your mind to doom based on its popularity and marketing pushes.

Yes, two years ago and more you heard a lot more about how well these viking metal bands drew.
Didn't Ensiferum just tour? I seriously haven't seen one post anywhere about that tour.
Yeah, a couple years ago it would have been different.

Anyhow, I am REALLY curious to see how HOUR OF 13 do at Ragnarokkr.
I hope they get a great response.

which ones are in the states???? oh yeah...not any asides highschool kid bands. Any real one is from out of country.

The reason no one asked for any is because everyone knows this isnt a fest that covers that even though the name and logo look like a folk metal fest.

Isn't Hammer Horde a US band? Not that they're well known or anything.

Yeah, of course there are more in Europe.
I am just saying the fest certainly isn't ALL US bands, which makes Bob's point invalid.
Bottom line is no one has even remotely asked for a viking or folk band.
And don't give me the "it doesn't fit in with" crap either, as on top of trad metal, there is thrash and doom..................

Yeah, of course there are more in Europe.
I am just saying the fest certainly isn't ALL US bands, which makes Bob's point invalid.
Bottom line is no one has even remotely asked for a viking or folk band.
And don't give me the "it doesn't fit in with" crap either, as on top of trad metal, there is thrash and doom..................

Yes, everyone thinks this is just a traditional metal fest...meaning traditional metal, doom, classic bands. No one is suggesting folk metal because

1. there is Heathen Crusade Fest in March
2. total different fanbase
3. the first 2 line ups pretty much showed that this isnt the fest for them
4. folk bands tour a lot in the state and thier cost is high.

Honestly....I am sure Hour of 13 will do well at the fest. But if people dont like doom, they can come over to the second stage and watch something that may fit thier taste.

Yes, everyone thinks this is just a traditional metal fest...meaning traditional metal, doom, classic bands. No one is suggesting folk metal because

For once, I agree with everything Bob said. To add on, I think what makes those genres work is that they're older subgenres and fit together pretty well. While I love some folk/viking metal, it would definitely be odd.

Honestly....I am sure Hour of 13 will do well at the fest. But if people dont like doom, they can come over to the second stage and watch something that may fit thier taste.

I agree with most, though I don't really see what Heathen Crusade has to do with anything. That's like saying half the bands who play Ragnarokkr shouldnt be because of Alehorn or MDF.....

Also HC is hardly an active fest.

Yeah, its first one in what, like 3 years?
It has not been an active fest since inception, so don't pretend it has been.
I think the problem was right after it came out, Pagan Fest started, so then it became less of an exclusive event, which is a shame, as they had some cool lineups.
I mean, not for me personally, but I know solid bands for those genres.

Anyhow, back on track, wanna take guesses on what non fitting bands REGGIE'S will throw on this???

Just for the record Jason, a new paganfest has been announced with Ensiferum and TYR on the bill, so it's still doing decently.

Cool!

I would still rather see RISE ABOVE do a CATHEDRAL / ELECTRIC WIZARD / GATES OF SLUMBER "US DOOMINATION" tour, but hey, that's just me.

You guys would only want it if a band with silly costumes pretending to be satanic were on the bill, so what do I know... LOL......

Secular Haze??? Give me a break!

Well, anyhow, Diamond Head's coming back to the States and that makes me happy in the pants!!!!!

This bill in Chicago SHOULD have HIGH SPIRITS on it, but will probably have HESSLER.