Diamond Head returning to Chicago!!!!!!!!!!

Viking Metal isn't a genre anyways. Most bands that call themselves "Viking Metal" are either Melodic Death Metal, Epic Black Metal, or Doom Metal, with a few exceptions of course.

Yeah, I have no issue with viking themes...

I just don't personally care for what I call "oompa loompa" metal.

If I wanna do a jig, I will listen to the Dropkick Murphys, not a metal band.

Well, this should certainly help the draw!!!!
dh_zps9706bbb9.jpg

You are seeing Angel Witch and a Helloween headline show in Germany.
You have lost the right to complain about anything. EVER!!! :)

true. plus....

Leige Lord
Warlord
Possessed
Medevil Steel
Quartz
Legend
Midnight
High Spirits
Holocaust
Borrowed Time
Air Raid
Attic
Razorwyre
Toranga
October 31

and
Helloween
Gamma Ray
Shadowside

and possibly
Avantasia.

Yep, great lineup, though for me personally, AW are the only "mandatory" band on the lineup.
i didn't know Oct 31 were playing.

Warlord would be cool to see, as I like everything I have heard, but don't anything by yet.

I love Gamma Ray but I am not Pat Gloeckle goo-goo over them or anything. LOL.

I checked out Cauldron a few years back when Bob first was raving about them.
Just like bands like White Wizzard, Enforcer, Holy Grail, etc.....
They are good enough, but nothing I would race out to buy.
That being said, still looking forward to seeing them live, as all the modern retro bands are usually fun live.
Also, I think it will be great for the draw which is good, as I can tell you from last time, DH could use a support act to bring in more people.

I would not put them in the same league with TTD.
Those dudes are playing music that reflects a scene they themselves grew up with and I think it comes through in the music.

Cauldron, Enforcer, etc, etc are all young lads playing retro music.

I am not knocking them for it, as a good band is a good band.

Though it comes through in the music.
Same way that The Sword lacks what 80s Sabbath inspired doom bands have....
Still though, The Sword rock!

I would not put them in the same league with TTD.
Those dudes are playing music that reflects a scene they themselves grew up with and I think it comes through in the music.

Cauldron, Enforcer, etc, etc are all young lads playing retro music.

I am not knocking them for it, as a good band is a good band.

Though it comes through in the music.
Same way that The Sword lacks what 80s Sabbath inspired doom bands have....
Still though, The Sword rock!

side note: Cauldron have been around longer not just doing retro...they were also previously called Goat Horn playing a simular style so they are not just some young kids who jumped on the band wagon. Goat Horn have been around way before the NWOBHM retro thing kicked in. SUre they are riding the wave but it isnt any different than all these new thrash bands popping up.

side note: Cauldron have been around longer not just doing retro...they were also previously called Goat Horn playing a simular style so they are not just some young kids who jumped on the band wagon. Goat Horn have been around way before the NWOBHM retro thing kicked in. SUre they are riding the wave but it isnt any different than all these new thrash bands popping up.

Fair enough. Regardless, they are indeed lumped in that group.
I certainly wasnt knocking it.
Either way, as the band CAULDRON, they are in the retro scene, regardless of what band they were in prior.

Only reason I point that out is that I disagree with Justin that they are in the same scene as Widow or TTD.

I will definitely check them out some more, and do look forward to seeing them live. It will add energy to the bill indeed.

Bob beat me to it. The Cauldron dudes paid their dues. They didn't just see the White Wizzard video and say "hey, we can totally do that." I had that impression too, until Chris from Widow set me straight.