Did anyone see the Death Metal documentary?

What do you expect? Coverage of metal by non-metal types is just as bad as if someone asked me to do a documentary based on faggot cock-sucking, coco-shunting, chutney compounding art wank indie pop.

UndyingDarkness said:
It was on the discovery channel. I don't think I've ever laughed harder. They make metal look a lot worst than it really is, revealing the retarded fans who are Satanists and join Cults. What a joke.

So THAT'S what it was! My dad was telling me he saw something about death metal on the TV Guide channel, and now I know. Crazy. Oh well, I don't like those things that much. They're all so presumptious.

I just wonder why a documentary focusing on incidents within the Black Metal scene is named "Death Metal Murders".

I'm just going by the description of it, I haven't seen it yet.

I watched the second half with my metalhead friend Chris. Yes it was quite funny... I don't think ANYONE knew what they were talking about. :lol:

Would like to see the first half.

Jrgen said:
I just wonder why a documentary focusing on incidents within the Black Metal scene is named "Death Metal Murders".

I'm just going by the description of it, I haven't seen it yet.

I watched it and a majority of the program focused on a single incident that happened in Italy in 1998, where a kid who was a huge Deicide fan got involved in a "Satanic cult" and ended up being murdered by the other members, so I suppose it was marginally appropriate to call the show "Death Metal Murders". They also spoke of those three kids that were Slayer fans in California who killed a girl they went to school with and spent about 2 minutes talking about the Norwiegan BM scene of the early 90's. I was highly amused about how they kept calling Slayer "death metal":lol:
Also, "Metal: A Headbanger's Journey" was on VH1 last night, and is an infinately superior documentary. Unfortunately, they editied out a feminist socialogist's reaction to Cannibal Corpse's The Wretched Spawn album cover. That was one of the best parts of the movie!

I saw the one on Discovery Channel last night. It was pure fucking sensationalism, I was ready for them to start blaming a bunch of "Satanic Rituals" on Motely CrÜe and Ozzy or something like if it was still 1985. It didn't help that the kid's father was some fatass with a lazy eye, if I had someone like that up my ass all the time wondering what I was up to, I'd probably be dead by now too.

They also seemed to overstate the success of Death Metal saying it has "millions of hardcore fans worldwide" or something equivalent to that. Deicide and Slayer have sold a lot of records, but that's been over the course of about 15 and 25 years respectively. This came across as a desperate attempt to demonize the genre as some evil movement which is growing rapidly and will possess your kids sometime in the coming years in order to create a sense of paranoia... Death Metal really isn't and never was that popular.

I think the only guy on there who had some sense was that Stanford professor dude

and it made me mad that that kid has only been playing for 2 years, and he's already fucking awesome :(

Karsa said:
is this the one shown in the UK a while ago, if not it seems kinda similar

You mean the one called 'metal murders' or something like that? That wasn't as bad as this one sounds, it didn't really condemn metal, but rather the stupid people that were in that cult.

EDIT: Someone just bumped a thread about the program I was talking about. it was called Death metal Murders, despite the fact a large section was devoted to black metal.

unknown said:
I think the only guy on there who had some sense was that Stanford professor dude

and it made me mad that that kid has only been playing for 2 years, and he's already fucking awesome :(

I've been playing guitar for 2 years and I still suck :(

I never practice though, so go figure..........:cry:

They didn't really talk about Black Metal much at all, you retards. They just glazed over Dead, Varg killing Cock Bite, and then showing Mayhem starting to play Carnage with Maniac The Faggot on vocals trying to be Marilyn Manson, and then a brief description of the church burnings. The vast majority of the rest was about THE BEASTS OF SATAN LOL whose members fucking played Death Metal and not Black Metal.

unknown said:

Are you talking about the Norwegian kid? He was realistic, he liked metal for the music and not the scene, he even said he doesn't buy into the Satan crap. He looked much more sensable than the American retards they showed.

That old man saw some badass bands in his search for answers. But the show was ok. Just show how ignorant people are and how quick they are to blame someone else for their short comings as parents. Some people are just messed up. Doesnt mean the music made them do it.