diggin' on reaper

but you can't apply the fx to the item (not the track) like you can in cubase

Yes you can. Per item FX are 100% possible in REAPER. Actually even per TAKE FX. So you can have an item with 100 takes and each take can have it's own fx chain, as well as it's own automation envelopes.

itemfx.png

Okay, here is how you do it using Joey's exact original Cubase workflow, which is the exact same way I have been doing it forever with NO PROBLEMS.

http://www.adamwathan.com/reaper/tutorials/autotunereaper.swf

Do NOT come into this thread bitching and complaining and spewing bullshit about how Reaper can't do this or can't do that, because 99% of the time it CAN do it just fine and you are just too much of an impatient n00b to fucking figure it out. Before proclaiming that Reaper can't do something, ask me how you CAN do it and I will make a video explaining it.

<3 thanks for clearing this up. shit is so easy!

awesome, thanks for that work around. sorry i am "Bashing" reaper :

Haha sorry dude I didn't mean to flip, just frustrating when someone is saying Reaper can't do something when it can! You can apply FX to individual items and render those as well without putting the FX on the track.

Does anyone have a video of exactly how Cubase does this? I can duplicate whatever that workflow is if it's any different, I just need to see how it's done.

Yes you can. Per item FX are 100% possible in REAPER. Actually even per TAKE FX. So you can have an item with 100 takes and each take can have it's own fx chain, as well as it's own automation envelopes.

I was going to try to explain that drop down menu, but luckily Adam got to it first. As said by another poster, you can also drop FX onto an item. I don't use this often, but it definitely can be handy.

I have it set so that the FX icon is always on every item so it's always ready if I need it.

FXTrack.jpg

Adam, THANK YOU for your work and dedication. I was frustrated with reaper (JuniorEQ) and this has shined new light on it. Feels really natural to me. Again thank you. I don't wanna seem like i'm asking all the world from you, but damn man, I'm hooked. Make some editing vids!!!!

~Rob.

Wow, I can't believe I never knew that item regions could have their own FX chains. I've always just moved the item regions to new tracks and applied FX there.

This may be a stupid question but when tracking with Reaper and using like drumagog or trigger or any plugin with high latency does Reaper compensate for the latency or does it slide all other tracks back that far to match like protools hd?