Digital Performer 4.6 getting started help

2408 mk2
2408 mk3
828mk2
896hd

These are what I'm considering. I don't care about alot of i/o's. I just want converters that provide the best sound. I 'm assuming the 896hd is the best since it has 192 khz. I only have a minor grasp on what this even means.
Don't know if I would even need 192 khz. How much of a difference is it from 96 khz? Also I know some people don't like firewire. Any comments on these topics would be appreciated.

i'm not a fan of the 896 HD... it's one of the most difficult to set up and use properly. the 2408mk2 is out of production. the 2408 mk3 is what i have and use on my main station. the 828mk2 is what i have and use on my laptop/mobile station. if you're looking for the absolute best converters motu has to offer, and you do not need preamps on your interface, the HD192 is supposed to be the way to go, using basically the same chips, from the same manufacturer as the Digidesign HD 192 i/o.

HD192

Ok, I got it finally! I installed an early driver version (1.2) for the audiophile card and I now get level readings in the audio monitor and can record.
Now I'm looking into getting more ram in hopes that will keep mas from quitting all the time. Then I can consider the rma adi-2 again.