Dimebag R.I.P. :-(

VEHEMENCE

Helping The World To See
Jan 3, 2002
Phoenix, Arizona U.S.A.
www.myspace.con
dime.jpg

Yeah I heard about what happened to Dimebag Darrel, you can read and watch more of it on this link below. Our band Vehemence played at the Al Rosa Villa venue with Decapitated in the summer of 2002, and from what I remember I could step off the stage if I wanted to, you were that close to your fans, they could get close enough to you to flick your ear, or punch your face. Also I remembered that place had no security other than the door guy.

Its unclear still, if this is a conspiracy, or freak psycho incident. I guess this is what happens with rock stars are playing smaller venues; they may think it’s friendly but could lead to many other things like death or assault. I heard the responses from the Howard Stern show.

http://www.nbc4i.com/news/3983630/detail.html

I met him several times, and got the opportunity to hang out with him for some hours and some minutes each time Pantera or Damageplan came through Hollywood, or Phoenix, Arizona. It’s a very sad day in metal. He was a good guy, take it from me. – John from Vehemence

i hope regardless of how off topic this is.. the forum makes an exception in hommage to one of the greatest guitarist ever ... dimebag was the reason i picked up a guitar 6 years ago.. and get this as i heard about this i was listning to pantera myself.. so iw as shocked as shit.. RIP dimebag darrell..

Well some other guy posted a thread (in this forum) on the topic today and thats been deleted so I wouldn't expect this one to stay up.

But I definatly agree however off topic it is, it should stay up as a show of respect

The threads regarding Quorthon's death were removed from this board, as shall this thread... which realy proves this board's totaly rediculous stance on off-topic threads, and the need for Hypnos' petition thread to make an impact.

RIP DIMEBAG

yea man seriosuely.,.. make a god damn exception .. show some respect... shot on stage.. what a way to go

Man... I don't have words to describe how awful I'm feeling now. I'm crying like a pig...PanterA was my life fo YEARS, and one of my fave guitar players was Dimebag....I'll miss him like hell.
Men, wherever you are...Rest In Peace.

\m/ I'm gonna drink some beers in your honor pal.

Luz.-

i sparked a monster J and has beer... this thread shouldnt be deleted im sure mikeal would fucking agree.. dimebag is a LEGEND..

IM GLAD I SAW HIM LIVE .. :headbang: poorbably the best soloing i=ve ever seen live

i own a washburn dime and was thinking of selling it.. well now i hold it proud

that absolutely sucks man...dime was one of the greatest metal guitarists of all time. best of wishes to his family. vinnie was shot too...thats gotta be tough for him, he's been making music with his bro for over a decade. i hope to hear him on those skins again someday. but, for now, my heart goes out to everyone in the family and the band...

Take a look at all the other boards at Ultimate Metal. They all have something about it.

Got to see Dimebag live once when Pantera opened for Black Sabbath in L.A. Great show, great guitarist. And Vulgar Display of Power is still in my top 10 metal albums of all time.

RIP

Hello guys!

Yes, this is horrible! Today's a bleak day to say the least!
I was a big fan of his playing as well as of Pantera. I remember when I saw them for the first time, in 1990 supporting Judas Priest. Nobody knew who they were but I think everyone, including myself, was completely floored by them. I bought "Cowboys" the day after. I saw him and Vinne at the Metal Hammer awards earlier this year but I didn't dare to go up an' talk to them. Now I wish I had!

Take care guys
Mike

I'm crankin' the fuck out of Cowboys from Hell...my house cleaning lady is probably bangin' her head it's that loud. As much as Mikael Akerfeldt inspires me to keep playing guitar...Dimebag was the one to make me pick up. I'm glad I got a chance to see Pantera in 2001...long live that amazing guy! RIP Darrel