Dimmu Borgir vs Cradle Of Filth

They're not bad live, hopefully they will play "Kings of the Carnival Creation" which is a good one to see live. Cradle of Filth on the other hand...if you think Dani's vocals suck on record, wait until you see them in person. Shameful. It's the album/gig equivalent of meeting someone who looked hot in their Myspace photos who is actually obese.

Vital Remains first three albums have nothing to do with Glen Benton and are so much better than any CoF they arent even comparable. (not that they're comparable in the first place)

Dani Filth's voice is literally one of the worst things I've ever heard in my life and I dont know how anyone can enjoy it, period.

Vital Remains first three albums have nothing to do with Glen Benton and are so much better than any CoF they arent even comparable. (not that they're comparable in the first place)

Dani Filth's voice is literally one of the worst things I've ever heard in my life and I dont know how anyone can enjoy it, period.

I wasn't referring to older Vital Remains but Benton-era Vital Remains because in top 10 essential death metal albums thread, Skeletonwitch listed Dechristianize ten times showing some obvious fellation for that album.

I really don't hate Glen Benton/Vital Remains/Deicide but I was addressing someone who has on more than one occasion criticized Cradle of Filth and their fanbase for the same reasons that any hater predictably has or would. I'm saying one could just as easily apply the same level of criticism to Glen Benton, his contributions to the music scene and his bands so if one is looking for reasons to suggest Cradle of Filth is a joke (or whatever) there's plenty there to suggest the same about Glen Benton and his bands. So then, what's the point?

And yes, Cradle of Filth and Vital Remains are entirely different bands.

And so too are Cradle of Filth and Dimmu Borgir who have little to nothing in common, unless you see them only on a surface level.

I wasn't referring to older Vital Remains but Benton-era Vital Remains

backpedal.gif

I really don't hate Glen Benton/Vital Remains/Deicide but I was addressing someone who has on more than one occasion criticized Cradle of Filth and their fanbase for the same reasons that any hater predictably has or would. I'm saying one could just as easily apply the same level of criticism to Glen Benton, his contributions to the music scene and his bands so if one is looking for reasons to suggest Cradle of Filth is a joke (or whatever) there's plenty there to suggest the same about Glen Benton and his bands. So then, what's the point?

It was you who brought Glen Benton to this thread in the first place, attempting to rationalize your shitty musical tastes by pointing out that shittier band exist, presumably Vital Remains. Then, when it was established that at least three Vital Remains albums kick your faggoth ass, you tried to backpedal on your nonsense by posting even more nonsense.

backpedal.gif

It was you who brought Glen Benton to this thread in the first place, attempting to rationalize your shitty musical tastes by pointing out that shittier band exist, presumably Vital Remains. Then, when it was established that at least three Vital Remains albums kick your faggoth ass, you tried to backpedal on your nonsense by posting even more nonsense.

Yes it was me and I've already explained why I brought Glen Benton into the picture. You obviously cannot understand anything you read. Nothing was "established" regarding early Vital Remains. You're simply arguing like an 8 year old because you have nothing to say, aside from that nonsense.

Deicide,Burzum,Cradle of Filth,Dimmu Borgir do have really nerdy/geeky or just annoying fans, but when it comes down to do not dislike bands or genres because of fans. It does not help much at that same time either.

I love old Cradle of Filth up until "cruelty and the beast" and I can also enjoy "midian" every now and then. I can appreciate Dimmu Borgir in small doses but I always found it a little bit hard to listen to a whole record of their all the way through.

My vote goes to CoF.

I like both bands equally.

The new Cradle album is actually better than there last piece of shit "Godspeed on the Devil's Thunder"

Glen Benton is the Homer Simpson of heavy metal.

Some would see that as quite a compliment.
I prefer CoF to DB in almost every way. I dislike both bands very much but CoF appeals more to my sense of humor (in terms of image, lyrics, artwork etc.). They have also managed to come up with a handful of catchy melodies.I think DB is one of the worst metal bands ever (nu- metal and metalcore not included), second only to DragonForce and maybe Six Feet Under. I also really disagree when people say DB used to be good in the early- or mid '90´s. I think the early stuff also sucks.

I've actually seen both of these bands live. Dimmu Borgir was kinda goofy but sounded like the albums (this was for the Spiritual Black Dimensions tour). Shagrath could actually do, vocally, what he does in their albums. CoF however could not make that claim. Dani Filth sounds like a hoarse, retarded cousin of Popeye live. He can't even remotely imitate the sounds he makes on the albums. At least they had half naked girls on stage to distract people from the awful sounds coming off the stage.