Dimmu Borgir

Thasis

Canadian Black Metaller
Hey guys, I currently own Dimmu Borgir's Death Cult Armegedon CD and I'm theroughly enjoying it. Actualy I'm listening to it at this momment and burning a copy for my friend (I like to taint my friends with evil).

So who here likes Dimmu Borgir? What's your favorite album? song? What do you think of them? etc...

Narg n Lamb said:
for the newest album, I dont like it

but Puritanical Euphoria is pretty good

What didn't ya like about 'Deathcult,' dude?

P.S Symphony X kick ass! ;)

Dimmu are a solid band overall... they did change their sound quite a bit, yet I don't think adding an orchestra or keys really counts towards the claims that they sold out(given how keyboards are regarded in Metal for the mostpart)... Not the most underground or artistically important band, however i'd challenge you to find a band these days with similar success that maintains the heavy element that they do...

Phrozenspite said:
Dimmu are a solid band overall... they did change their sound quite a bit, yet I don't think adding an orchestra or keys really counts towards the claims that they sold out(given how keyboards are regarded in Metal for the mostpart)... Not the most underground or artistically important band, however i'd challenge you to find a band these days with similar success that maintains the heavy element that they do...

Right on, man! Infact, if anything, they've gotten heavier! ;)

Thasis said:
Hey guys, I currently own Dimmu Borgir's Death Cult Armegedon CD and I'm theroughly enjoying it. Actualy I'm listening to it at this momment and burning a copy for my friend (I like to taint my friends with evil).

So who here likes Dimmu Borgir? What's your favorite album? song? What do you think of them? etc...

Honestly I think DCA along with FAT are their worst albums. However the original version of Stormblast along with Enthrone Darkness Triumphant and Spiritual Black Dimensions are fantastic. Heck even Puritanical Euphoric Misanthropia is good. Spiritual Black Dimensions is their best and most underrated album and my personal favorite. Best song by them? Hmmm.... well there are few off the top of my head: Reptile, The Insight and the Catharsis and Spellbound. Glad you like them.

BigJim said:
What didn't ya like about 'Deathcult,' dude?

P.S Symphony X kick ass! ;)

Well personally I find it boring, nothing stands out. I can hardly remember anything from the album and I've heard it at least half a dozen times. It's just weak. Spiritual Black Dimensions on the other is the bomb.

Thoth-Amon said:
Honestly I think DCA along with FAT are their worst albums. However the original version of Stormblast along with Enthrone Darkness Triumphant and Spiritual Black Dimensions are fantastic. Heck even Puritanical Euphoric Misanthropia is good. Spiritual Black Dimensions is their best and most underrated album and my personal favorite. Best song by them? Hmmm.... well there are few off the top of my head: Reptile, The Insight and the Catharsis and Spellbound. Glad you like them.

Favourite song? Fuck! Too hard, man! They're all so good! :headbang: Interesting that you didn't like their first & last but liked everything in between... :p
So what didn't you like about 'Deathcult?'

Thoth-Amon said:
Well personally I find it boring, nothing stands out. I can hardly remember anything from the album and I've heard it at least half a dozen times. It's just weak. Spiritual Black Dimensions on the other is the bomb.

Yeah, 'Spiritual' is definately a kickass album! I love the production of 'Enthrone Darkness' & 'Spiritual!' So fucking heavy! :headbang:

BigJim said:
Yeah, 'Spiritual' is definately a kickass album! I love the production of 'Enthrone Darkness' & 'Spiritual!' So fucking heavy! :headbang:

Spiritual is one of the most atmospheric metal albums I've heard. Enthrone is just freaking brutal sounding and Stormblast is well... also incredibly atmospheric. Each sounds different especially Stormblast.