Dimmu Borgir

Thank you so far for the sane and intelligent discussion on this topic. I can't tell you how tired I am of hearing the same old bullshit about this band "oh, their shit, oh, their not tr00 black metal..."

Thasis said:
Hey guys, I currently own Dimmu Borgir's Death Cult Armegedon CD and I'm theroughly enjoying it. Actualy I'm listening to it at this momment and burning a copy for my friend (I like to taint my friends with evil).

So who here likes Dimmu Borgir? What's your favorite album? song? What do you think of them? etc...

Although I don't have a massive problem with Dimmu, I only tend to listen to Black Metal bands that are either exceptionally good or have something interesting/unique about them, for me Dimmu doesn't have either of these things.

Killbot said:
Although I don't have a massive problem with Dimmu, I only tend to listen to Black Metal bands that are either exceptionally good or have something interesting/unique about them, for me Dimmu doesn't have either of these things.

:mad:

What BM bands do you listen to?

Killbot said:
Arcturus, Paysage D'Hiver, Emperor, Craft, Thorns, Limbonic Art, Xasthur, Verdensrike, Ethereal Woods, Summoning and others. I just can't hear anything appealing when I listen to Dimmu.

Emperor! :headbang:

What Dimmu albums have you heard?

BigJim said:
Emperor! :headbang:

What Dimmu albums have you heard?

I haven't heard any dimmu albums all the way through, but I've heard MP3s from Puritanical Euphoric Misanthropia, Godless Savage Garden and I heard a track form one of their first two albums, don't remember which one. Like I said, I don't have a massive problem with them as some people do, they just don't apeal to me.

Killbot said:
I haven't heard any dimmu albums all the way through, but I've heard MP3s from Puritanical Euphoric Misanthropia, Godless Savage Garden and I heard a track form one of their first two albums, don't remember which one. Like I said, I don't have a massive problem with them as some people do, they just don't apeal to me.

Yeah, cool. What other metal do you like besides BM?

Puritanical Euphoric Misanthropia is the only Dimmu album that really captured me. I think Mustis is such a good musician (re: Fear and Wonder) and Shagrath's vocal styling is really unique, I also love the orchestal incorporations BUT I wouldn't like to see them live to be honest, the lack of orchestra would ruin the songs. They are a band to be heard, not to be seen. Also, I hate the way "tr00" black metallers give them so much shit and I'm glad they have kept away from this thread.