Dimmu Borgir

Killbot said:
I haven't heard any dimmu albums all the way through, but I've heard MP3s from Puritanical Euphoric Misanthropia, Godless Savage Garden and I heard a track form one of their first two albums, don't remember which one. Like I said, I don't have a massive problem with them as some people do, they just don't apeal to me.

Well then you are missing the BEST music that Dimmu has done. I highly recommend you pick up Spiritual Black Dimensions, Enthrone Darkness Triumphant and Stormblast (original version not the new one). MP3's really don't give you the whole picture. Get those albums in that order and I think you will find the band much more interesting than your initial exposure.

son_of_northern_darkness said:
Puritanical Euphoric Misanthropia is the only Dimmu album that really captured me. I think Mustis is such a good musician (re: Fear and Wonder) and Shagrath's vocal styling is really unique, I also love the orchestal incorporations BUT I wouldn't like to see them live to be honest, the lack of orchestra would ruin the songs. They are a band to be heard, not to be seen. Also, I hate the way "tr00" black metallers give them so much shit and I'm glad they have kept away from this thread.

Honestly I like they keyboards more than the orchestra. Spiritual Black Dimensions has the best keyboard integration out of any Dimmu album.

Puritanical Euphoric Misanthropia is the only Dimmu album that really captured me. I think Mustis is such a good musician (re: Fear and Wonder) and Shagrath's vocal styling is really unique, I also love the orchestal incorporations BUT I wouldn't like to see them live to be honest, the lack of orchestra would ruin the songs. They are a band to be heard, not to be seen. Also, I hate the way "tr00" black metallers give them so much shit and I'm glad they have kept away from this thread.
you'd be in awe hearing them live if you like Mustis that much, he manages to recreate the keys and non-traditional rock sounds quite well

Thoth-Amon said:
Well then you are missing the BEST music that Dimmu has done. I highly recommend you pick up Spiritual Black Dimensions, Enthrone Darkness Triumphant and Stormblast (original version not the new one). MP3's really don't give you the whole picture. Get those albums in that order and I think you will find the band much more interesting than your initial exposure.

I would like to like them, so I will downlaod them and see what I make of those albums.

I find it amusing to see people bashing an album like DCA when Dimmu made the greatest aural bowel movement of all in For All Tid. I must agree with EDT, PME, SBD, and Stormblast (either version - yes either) all being good albums.

Man, I just read your post on the In Flames thread. You seem like a switched on dude! Yeah it's cool those "tr00" BM wankers haven't desecrated this thread!

P.S Didn't Shag's play the keys on 'Fear & Wonder?"