Dimmu Borgir - Progenies Of The Great Apocalypse

Esteban

Thinking is overrated
Dec 28, 2002
Costa Rica
Visit site
HOLY SHIT!!! I never really payed much attention to Dimmu Borgir (I'm starting to regret it...) and then I heard this song today.....oh my God!!! I'm ordering Death Cult Armaggedon as I'm type....

Progenies of the Great Apocalypse is Dimmu Borgir's best song off DCA imo. They really know how to work that orchestra. The video for it is awesome too

charnee said:
Progenies of the Great Apocalypse is Dimmu Borgir's best song off DCA imo. They really know how to work that orchestra. The video for it is awesome too
Indeed, that orchestra kicks ass, it sounds so aggressive

Dimmu Borgir is one of my favorite bands and Death Cult Armageddon rules. If you don't have it yet, pick up Puritanical Euphoric Misanthropia while your at it because its a masterpiece. In fact, all of their cds are pretty good. :kickass:

The voice of Vortex in this song is awesome:headbang:.
In fact Vortex's voice is amazing in any song, "Kings of the carnival creation" in puritanical.
:OMG:

Yeah I agree with all of you. I'm not too familiar with the new album yet, only have a burn but track nine is great too. Try the song Kings of the Carnival Creation off Puritanical... its a brilliant song.

Even if you prefer DCA / PEM , EDT isn't what I'd call a mediocre album .
It contains most of best Dimmu songs like Mourning Palace , Entrance or Prudence's Fall (sp?)

EDT :headbang: it's blackmetal, the new albums are different, they changed a lot since SBD, even more with the new line up (PEM and DCA). this line up es awesome Nick, Vortex, Mustis, Galder :worship:

"For All Tid (Original)" is their best album (but its in a tie with "Stormblast" for best) but "DCA" is pretty good. the only album that needs to be re-released/remastered is "Spiritual Black Dimensions" since the recording levels are all off and the songs are great but it sounds like alot of signals wanting to go through a single speaker.

Sure . I can't stand the keyboard sound after a few songs , Shargrath's voice was far better too .

Progenies is indeed an awesome song, one of the best on DCA, though I find the album as whole rather tepid to say the least.

Overall, they are a good band....they're much better at writing individual songs than whole album's worth of material. I'd say Enthrone was thier best album as a whole peice, but every album has both masterpeices and filler.

If Dimmu were to release a "best-of" album, I might buy it. Like SculptedCold said, they are better at writing individual songs than an entire album. Every album of theirs seems to have 2-3 really good to great songs, and the rest is just mediocre at best. Of course, if they ever did a best-of album, they'd probably pick the songs I don't like.