Dimmu's bassist on vocals

I Luv God

Jul 14, 2003
Detroit
Visit site
I hate to start a thread about something as small as this but Id like to find more work by the bassist in Dimmu Borgir who does vocals on a few tracks..Hes awesome and I want to find more music he does.
Someone fill me in on what else he has done that I may like.

Borknagar- Quintessence
Borknagar- The Archaic Course
Arcturus- La Masquerade Infernale (backing vocals on two songs, lead on one)
Ved Buens Ende- live session vocalist, maybe there are some bootlegs floating about. I'm too lazy to search.

Borknagar-The Archaic Course, Quintessence
Arcturus-La Masquerade Infernale (on two tracks)
Lamented Souls, though I wish you good luck finding any. I've only managed to hunt down one track (Var), but it kicks serious ass! Very dark and introspective.

Simen Hestnaes=Best vocalist ever! And wasting his talent... :erk:

Damn,I forgot to mention I have all the Borknagar and Vintersorg albums as they are at the top of my favorite bands list.
I have Arcturus' La Masquerade Infernale album but never really got in to it,Ill listen to it more.
I'm gonna try to find some Lamented Souls and Ved Buens Ende now.
Thanks for responding :kickass:

Borknagar with Vintersorg on vocals is the worst tripe to come out of the scene almost ever. From an awesome band to pure shit... it's very disheartening. Vintersorg truly shows what a difference a vocalist makes.

LuminousAether said:
Borknagar with Vintersorg on vocals is the worst tripe to come out of the scene almost ever. From an awesome band to pure shit... it's very disheartening. Vintersorg truly shows what a difference a vocalist makes.

I agree with your last sentence because i highly prefer vintersorgs voice to vortex's ESPECIALLY for borknagar. Now if it were in dimmu borgir, vintersorg would suck ass, but for borknagar, vintersorg is more than excellent. Empiricism is my favorite borknagar album by far, and there is nothing you can do to change my opinion otherwise

Simen shouldn't leave Dimmu, Shagrath should. If Simen took over lead vocals (screams and singing) for that band, they would absolutely demolish. But Shagrath holds them back, and Simen doesn't sing enough.

I don't see how anyone could say Simen sucked in Borknagar, he absolutely ruled with them. Colossus shows his vocal talents of which Vintersorg (who sounds like a drunk viking clown) has none.

LuminousAether said:
I don't see how anyone could say Simen sucked in Borknagar, he absolutely ruled with them. Colossus shows his vocal talents of which Vintersorg (who sounds like a drunk viking clown) has none.

I didnt say that Simen sucked in Borknagar, i said that Vintersorg is superior to him, especially for that band. To say vintersorg has no vocal talents is just ignorance, the guy doesnt cease to impress me in every band hes in. Opinion is one thing, i can accept your opinion that Simen is the better vocalist, but to say vintersorg has no vocal talents is down right ignorance, try listening to empiricism a few more times, maybe you werent paying attention to what was going on.

Simen is a decent enough vocalist but he sang WAY too much on Spiritual Black Dimensions and essentially ruined the album for me. That and the assload of keyboards. I like him where he is (in regards to Dimmu) because his voice is a break from Shagrath's raspings but too much of him pulls away from Dimmu's power.

Simen Hestnaes did kick major ass with all his Borknagar albums but I still think Empiricism is probably their best album even without Simen.
Personally,I think they are both kick-ass vocalists.
I'm still getting into the bands so I couldn't really judge as to say who has the best voice as I think they are both awesome.
I'm glad Psychonaut mentioned Spiritual Black Dimensions.I need to get it,especially if you say Simen sings way to much in it. :cool: