Dio is dead! R.I.P.

Feb 28, 2005
Oslo, Norway
From ronniejamesdio.com:

"Today my heart is broken, Ronnie passed away at 7:45am 16th May. Many, many friends and family were able to say their private good-byes before he peacefully passed away. Ronnie knew how much he was loved by all. We so appreciate the love and support that you have all given us. Please give us a few days of privacy to deal with this terrible loss. Please know he loved you all and his music will live on forever. Love, Wendy"

:cry:

Very sad news. R.I.P. Dio.

The first time I saw Anthrax, they came with Dio to my city. Amazing shows.

Man this sucks balls :( I've seen him a couple of years ago in Israel and he rocked out as if he were 20 years old. so sad

Uber sad news. A true legend of Metal. I grew up listening to Dio.

Not only one of the most amazing voices and figures in Metal but more importantly one of the nicest, most gracious, most caring and wonderful human beings going around.

Will be sadly missed but never forgotten.

Devastated about this :-(

Hope you are really now up there as the Man on the Silver Mountain.

RIP RJD

This has just broken my heart more than any other artist that has passed before. I absolutely loved Ronnie's music. He was not only an incredible front man, lyricist and singer, but he was an absolute gentleman to everyone he met. My thoughts go out to Wendy & Ronnie's family. He was truely a gift from above, and we have lost him this day.

Read this on blabbermouth this morning.
I'm speechless. What a sad day for metal. I know this is
said frequenlty when a metal musician passes. This guy IS a legend and heads and shoulders above 90% of the singers out there right now.

You said it exactly!

We wouldn't have this symbol :headbang: if it wasn't for Ronnie either.

I feel like I lost a boyhood hero today... and in reality ... I did. Millions of other metal heads did too.

RIP Ronnie.

It's gotta take some time for me to truly comprehend what's happened.
The amazing 40-year career with a wreath of incredible albums defining the essentiality of the music we all love has come to an end. This whole period of time may be called The Era Of Dio. But now he's gone, and we can't do much - just listen to the gems he left for us to enjoy and cherish his memory for he was truly a Rainbow In The Dark....

Truly sad. Im glad his struggle is past now though. He had a rich and full life and touched the lives of so many over his career.