R.I.P. Ronnie James Dio

The Nomadd

Eternal wanderer
Jan 1, 2006
Perrysville, OH
Okay, I didn't see that anyone else had posted this, but just heard that Dio passed away this morning. :OMG: Apparently there was a rumor of his death yesterday, which his wife refuted, but she's now confirmed that he did in fact pass away this morning per this posting on Dio's website & Facebook page:

Today my heart is broken, Ronnie passed away at 7:45am 16th May. Many, many friends and family were able to say their private good-byes before he peacefully passed away. Ronnie knew how much he was loved by all. We so appreciate the love and support that you have all given us. Please give us a few days of privacy to deal with this terrible loss. Please know he loved you all and his music will live on forever.

- Wendy Dio

I just remember when I first got into metal when I was 15, blasting Last in Line & Holy Diver in my room after I got home from school. And seeing him perform in concert.. He kicked major ass. All I can say is rest in peace!

Damn those are some really sad news :(

Rest in Piece Brother, you'll live forever in your music :worship:

Though I've never been a big fan of "classic"/early metal, I have the greatest respect for all these "veterans", as they did create something unique and there wouldn't be music like Amon Amarth without the foundation they laid.