Dirty Dozen

I havnt Heard A.H. and by the sounds of it I'm Glad I havnt! One of my Favorites was Vicious Circle! I remember when that came out I loved it and still do and they are defenetly a band I can pop in and still enjoy pretty much anytime :)

1. Though I had been into KISS since the late 70's my first taste of real was in 1983 when I heard Dio's Holy Diver, which was his first album. I was 17 at the time. Whoa! Now that makes me feel old!
2. KISS Alive II in vinyl LP. My first CD was Black Sabbath's Tyr.
3. The first one I remember was Luzbel (a popular metal band here in Mexico), in the mid 80s. The first major concert I attended was KISS Farewell Tour in 2000. Of course that "Farewell" didn't last very long as we all know.
4. Rainbow In The Dark from Dio's Holy Diver since it really blew me away when I first heard it.
5. It just reminds me of that era. It was also the first metal video I ever saw.
6. The Ozzy Osbourne Merry Mayhem Tour on October 31 2001. It was Halloween so it was extra special. The show was fantastic. Soil opened up (the ONLY nu metal band that I like), then Mudvayne, then Rob Zombie who just upstaged Ozzy in every way! His stage set was awesome and he played with a lot of energy. Then Ozzy played and he was great too, especially Zakk Wylde who was kick ass. It was special because tha show was the firts date on that that tour which was shortly thereafter cancelled because of an injury in Ozzy's leg.
7. I try to listen to all the genres but Black Metal just doesn't cut it for me beacuse of the screechy vocals.
8. There was one band called Kix which I really liked.
9. I never wore spandex so I can't really comment.
10. I think it IS cool. If I don't have a t shirt of the band I'm seeing I will at least try to wear one of a band in the same genre. Example: A Testament shirt at a Slayer concert.
11. I don't understand this question. For what it's worth Balls to the Wall is a great song!
12. David Lee Roth would have to go.

sixxswine said:
1.) What was your first taste of metal? How old were you at the time?
2.) What was the first record/cassette or disc that you ever bought?
3.) What was the first show/concert that you ever attended? Any degenrate acts performed on that fateful night?
4.) What's a song that brings back some great summer or other memories?
5.) Why does that track hold a place in your heart?
6.) What's a show that stands out in your mind & why is it so significant?
7.) What genre(s) of metal do you tend to avoid & why?
8.) Who was a standout act in the 80's Glam genre?
9.) What was up with those skin tight denium pants? Where they really that different than spandex?!
10.) Did you ever wear a band's t-shirt to their show?! Example, Shout at the Devil shirt to a Crue show. Do you think that's cool?!
11.) Balls to the Wall or Balls Across the Nose? And why?!
12.) If Ronnie Dio, David Coverdale, Ozzy & David Lee Roth were out in the middle of the ocean. Their plane crashed, and they were fighting for their dear(?) lives & you only had enough room for three on your rubber raft, who would have to get deep sixxed?!
1) Iron Maiden, around 16 y.o.

2) First record ever I bought was ABBA "Greatest Hits vol. 2", first Metal album I ever bought was Black Sabbath - "Live Evil"

3) First concert was Ictus a local band that played classic rock covers. First real concert ever was Jethro Tull (fucking great!). Well like degenerate no sadly, but I was with the crown insulkting the opening act, some crappy local band...today the ex-vocalist of that band is one of my best friends :oops:

4) Well summer here is the whole year (tropical country :D ). And summer in US well, any song I heard while biking. As for memories brought by a song, Def Leppard - 'Bringin' On The Heartbreak'. I saw the (original) video the day before taking the exam for college, next day after the exam my closest highschool friend and I were only talking about the video. He thought the bass player was a woman :lol:. Yeah 20 years ago, young, stupid and with hair...at least I'm still stupid.

5) Hey, I wouldn't say that holds a place in any part of my body! Now if you want a song dear in my heart that's Iron Maiden - 'Flight Of Icarus', I started metal because of that song, and still dear in my heart ;)

6) Rick Wakeman and the English Rock Enssamble. Not only because it was the greatest keyboardist ever, but also because it was in our country were few bands have played (at least before I left in 2001) in history, and the concert was fucking awsome, I was with something I thought was important for me at the time (besides all my friends), and Wakeman came to the aisle of the theater to play and we all around were there by the master and was the first (and only so far) time I got autographs after a gig. Damn good memories :Spin: .

7) Black and Death. I CAN'T stand growlers and screechers, I like metal with melody, harmony, energy, good players and good decent vocals.

8) None for me. Closest thing will be Skid Row if you consider them glam (which I don't).

9) Spandex was horrible. I never understood Scorpions, Iron Maiden and many so-so bands clad in spandex
24.gif
As for tight denim, I never cared at least was denim! Fucking metal is about denim and leather, was wrong with you people? Never heard Saxon? :p

10) No. I had only three shirts from bands: Black Sabbath and Iron Maiden, which I wear to any concert or event, and a Cannibal Corpse one (a gift) that I wear only to extreme gigs :headbang: I prefer only plain black shirts to go to concerts.

11) Neither. I don't care about the first (I don't like Udo) and never heard about the second.

12) DLR. I wonder why nobody has done it already :heh:

1.) First taste of metal was OZZY at about age 10. I would say KISS but I don't consider them metal...but some older kids next door pulled me aside one day (these same kids later taught me to drink and smoke pot but I wasn't always the man I am today! haha) and they kind of busted my balls for liking KISS because they weren't the ONLY band in the world. I thought they were. So OZZY was the second artist I ever liked and the first taste of metal.
2.)First record I ever bought with my own dough was OZZY's Blizzard of Ozz. Still have it!
3.)First concert was at 8 years old! My dad took me to see KISS on the "Creatures" tour where the stage was a freakin' tank! I loved it. Thought they really were superheroes. Night Ranger opened. For some reason, my dad always pushed music on me and especially metal and horror movies! SOUNDS LIKE YOU, SWINE! haha
4.)The song that never fails to take me back in time is GUNS N ROSES SWEET CHILD O MINE. Not because of a girlfriend or anything like that, but because once I learned to play that opening riff I became our school's official GUITAR GOD! hahaha NOBODY ELSE could figure it out! I literally spent hours trying to figure that thing out one note at a time...all over the fretboard...nothing felt as good as the first time you figured out a great riff...well, maybe the pot that the older kids made me smoke! hahaha
5.)see 4
6.)My favorite show ever is seeing KISS this past tour from the fourth row because of the great seats..but the greatest SHOW I ever saw was GUNS N ROSES , METALLICA and FAITH NO MORE in Indianapolis. My buddies and I made the drive from KY and saw the show, stayed the night in Embassy Suites downtown (where TYSON had the big trouble!) and partied till daylight! What a drive home....but WHAT A FREAKIN' SHOW!
7.)I tend to avoid BLACK METAL or any blatantly satanic metal. I consider myself a believer in God (though I would never preach to anyone...what with my above pot smoking history and all...) and I just always seem to be overcome by feelings of guilt and woe when playing too much of the Goat Lord's chosen ones. Exceptions are Venom, Dimmu Borgir, and Slayer...because I listened to them when I was younger so it's ok...DIMMU I can't understand the words...so it's ok. King Diamond just kicks too much ass to ignore. hahahaha
8.)Standout act in the 80's hair genre? I gotta say CINDERELLA.
9.)fuck those pants! PARACHUTE PANTS RULED!!!!!! And I was the only kid in my junior high (TRUE STORY) to where a full on JUMPSUIT to school a la Edward VH on WOMEN AND CHILDREN FIRST ALBUM COVER. Hell yeah. Granted, I was a little fat sonofabitch, but my heart belonged to Ed.
10.)I only wore a bands tshirt at the show if I BOUGHT it at the show...who wants to carry a tshirt around???
11.)BALLS ACROSS LITA FORD'S NOSE?!?!? Didn't we all want that?!?!? Incidentally, I HAD that many times...just not in anybody's company. Also had Oprah Winfrey, Molly Ringwald, and the chick from Buck Rogers. All in my mind....wait...did I just say that?!?!?
12.)I would save DAVID LEE ROTH and let the others go down. Why? Cause if you and DLR are alone on a raft in the middle of the ocean, he's STILL gonna know where to find CHicks, booze, food, and indoor plumbing...and when he does do you really want to share that with 3 or 4 other dudes?!?!?!

Great thread! hope my answers were decent!

Beat it like it owes you money!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Ted

Well, it all depends on what you mean "Metal". I think the first Metal I actually registered probably was AC/DC or Rammstein.

First record ever was Bad Religion's "All Ages" and I think I was 13.

3.) What was the first show/concert that you ever attended? Any degenrate acts performed on that fateful night?

Te first show I ever saw was a looong time ago, this Spanish guy called "Joaquin Sabina" I was like 10, though, so I don't remember much. My first METAL show was either Helloween/Jag Panzer or Slayer/Arch Enemy/Hatebreed. Don't remember which came first but they were both last year and both rocked! Except for Hatebreed, who aren't very good.

None really...

N/A

Ahh, Ozzfest Mainstage 2004 and IRON MAIDEN DoD tour. *drools*

Eh, I don't really like avoiding genres, so none.

THE CRUE.

9.) What was up with those skin tight denium pants? Where they really that different than spandex?!

Sorry, Mate, born on the wrong Era.

10.) Did you ever wear a band's t-shirt to their show?! Example, Shout at the Devil shirt to a Crue show. Do you think that's cool?!

I don't think I've actually done that, but I don't see why not...

LETS PLUG A BOMB IN EVERYONE'S ASS... THEY... DON'T KEEP US ALIVE...

\\m// ACCEPT!! BALLS TO THE WALLS

12.) If Ronnie Dio, David Coverdale, Ozzy & David Lee Roth were out in the middle of the ocean. Their plane crashed, and they were fighting for their dear(?) lives & you only had enough room for three on your rubber raft, who would have to get deep sixxed?!

Probably Coverdale. I like all the other ones...

JonnyD said:
I havnt Heard A.H. and by the sounds of it I'm Glad I havnt! One of my Favorites was Vicious Circle! I remember when that came out I loved it and still do and they are defenetly a band I can pop in and still enjoy pretty much anytime :)

Yeah you're really not missing out anything, but you might want to try do download the song What I've Become and see what I mean, it's bad! o_O

Vicious Circle is probably my favorite. So many good songs there! Face Down, Killing Machine, Chasing The Dragon, Why Ain't I Bleeding, No Crime. Great album! :headbang:

Boston. Though far from "metal" that guitar tone still kicks ass to this day. They paved the way for my jump into heavier stuff.

I will say the first hard rock/metal record I bought was AC/DC "Back in Black."

I saw .38 Special and Molly Hatchett in 1980.

Accept - "Midnight Mover."

I can remember having my '76 Gran Torino (my first car) in the wind on Fri and Sat nights with that cassette in the player.

Prog Power II & IV. As much as I have always loved live music, it seemed as though some of the magic was lost as I grew out of my early twenties, but after getting my head ripped off by Angel Dust at PPII and Vanden Plas at PPIV, the magic is as powerful as ever.

I am an open minded person and will try anything, but I don't care for death metal vocals too much. I also don't like rapping in metal, so I don't listen to the nu-metal.

Dokken on disc, Cinderella live, Bon Jovi for consistant quality and hard work and Vito Bratta of White Lion as glam guitar God.

I still own a pair of Jordache I have to lay down and pull my butt off to get over my size 13s. Unfortunately, they are even more skin tight in the waist than they should be because I don't have the boyish figure I once sported.

Yep. Brother Cane t-shirt to BC show, Vanden Plas T to PPIV day one, Pagans Mind tee to Prog power IV day two. Alchoholica Drink 'em All to Metallica concert - Black album tour..... etc. etc.

Balls to the Wall !! Accept owns !!

Tough question. Ronnie would get picked up first. I suppose I would leave Diamon Dave to fend for himself. He's a surfer, he can swim for a while.

Bryant

Abryl said:
Yeah you're really not missing out anything, but you might want to try do download the song What I've Become and see what I mean, it's bad! o_O

Vicious Circle is probably my favorite. So many good songs there! Face Down, Killing Machine, Chasing The Dragon, Why Ain't I Bleeding, No Crime. Great album! :headbang:

hahahahahaha I will try and hunt that down just so I can hear what Terrible LA Guns sounds like :loco:

I Absolutely Love Vicious Circle! ...Whos in Control,Kill that Girl,Crystal Eyes.... The Whole Record is Incredible!!!!! I remember wat back when everybody was into Guns and Roses ... I was like Fuck them! La Guns is better!!!! and I still think so now :D Your a seriously cool chick Abryl!!!!

Abryl said:
I hate most black metal, but Vintersorg kicks ass. The clean vocals are indeed awesome :)

For a Long time I hated Black Metal and pretty much thought COF was the Be all End all of the Genre ... Well Now I have Discovered MANY new bands that fall in the Black,Viking,Folk Metal Genres ... Out of all of them Vintersorg is the BEST! and hell to be completely Honest I dont Consider The Focusing Blur to be Black Metal its something else entirely .... Have you Heard Cosmic Genesis and Visions From the Spiral Generator? Great Records if you Like Blur you will Like those too! and hell the Older Records are great to even tho they are all in Swedish .... Oh! Have you heard his Folk Band Otyg? they were pretty cool too! And then there are the 2 Latest Borknagar Albums with Mr.V on Vocals ... Empirism, And Epic...I think you would enjoy those too :) anyways thats enough from me!

If you like ANY metal at all, you must check out the Emperor opuses,
"Anthems to the Welkin at Dusk" and "Prometheus: the Discipline of Fire & Demise". These are among the best metal records ever recorded....ever.

Sure, they're "black", but they're so MUCH more than that. Their mix of total atmosphere, pure melody and even purer raw agression are simply unrivaled.

Cradle sucks....they are an awful band and have nothing to do with the greatness of SOME of the BM bands.

SoundMaster said:
If you like ANY metal at all, you must check out the Emperor opuses,
"Anthems to the Welkin at Dusk" and "Prometheus: the Discipline of Fire & Demise". These are among the best metal records ever recorded....ever.

Sure, they're "black", but they're so MUCH more than that. Their mix of total atmosphere, pure melody and even purer raw agression are simply unrivaled.

Cradle sucks....they are an awful band and have nothing to do with the greatness of SOME of the BM bands.

I have Tried to get into Emperor hahahaha Really I have! But so far I dont like em hahaha But I will try again Maybe I missed something when I heard em!

I still Like Cruelty and the Beast and Midian ... Granted I cannot Listen to them anymore but I like those 2 albums but there really is MUCH Better out there!

Appetite for Destruction, I was eleven years old , a kid in school gave me the original tape, siad he didn't like it, I sure did.

My mom gave me money to buy another guy's LP's, there were WASP, Twisted Sister and Motley Crue. The 1st LP I bought with my own dough was Painkiller.

3.) What was the first show/concert that you ever attended?

Def Leppard 1995, was so stoned I coudn't rememer half of it.

Probably the Get a Grip Aerosmith album, not exactly metal, I know, but we were nine people sharing a house near the varcity campus just after I finished school and we used to play that album over and over and when I hear it now it just takes me back there.

See 4

Sepultura 2003 we met the band by chance the night before and it was the 1st time I stagedived.

Nu Metal or Melcore, I think it avoids me, I can't get into liking it.

Crue, Poison, Warrant I still like those.

Hehehe, I had my mom made me a spandex like Van Halen wore, the black one with the white X - striping, I almost had my ass kicked for wearing that. I think denim is more hardcore, tight or not. I'd kill for some of Maiden's pants in the earlyer viedos though, Bruce is wearing one in the Stanger in a Strange Land video that makes his legs look like Eddie's in the poster, I think that's cool.

When they sell a band's t-shirts at a show I normaly buy it, and then I'll just wear it over my original shirt cause I have no where to put it, I don't try to wear a shirt of the band I'm about to see, as long as it's old school I'm happy.

Balls to the Wall

Ozzy, he is pretty safe, that bubble where his brain used to be will keep him afloat, besides he can do with some time away from his family.

Me personally, it was KISS if you wanna call their sappy poppy rock music metal, 1980 was the year. I was about 7 years old or so.

Very first record I ever bought was, given to me, in fact there were two, Van Halen '84 & also Scorpions Blackout!!!! By my uncle.
David Lee Roth 12.8.86, my birthday. Went with my dad.
The entire Van Halen 5150 record & also OU812, those are great summertime records...
Why did I write this One?! Well if I have to pick a track I would have to go with
Finish What You Started. That was all over the radio in '88, lots of memories, loys of chicks...
There hasn't been a dud yet, aside from the recent cancellation...
A Draw... Iced Earth & Schenker, both were out of my confort zone, in another city & theye were two great shows. Hell of a lot of energy...
Grindcore, I don't think I own one. It's so sloppy & and all I can really make out is
a snare drum... I could make a grindcore record too. If I can do it, then it takes little to no talent, trust me.

I won't go with the obvious, like Twisted, Crue or Cinderella. I would say House of Lords, their 2nd & 3rd records were the shit...
To me they were the same thing... Sorry.
I did it once. I personally thought it was kinda geeky & haven't since.
I would have them to the wall of someone's uterus for sure. I'm just that kind of guy...
Ronnie's the man still, Coverdale did some cool stuff with Purple & early Snake, if we are gonna be in a damn rubber raft for a while, we need entertainment...
DLR is still good at rehashing some of his famous one liners, they aren't as fresh...
What the hell is OZZY good for, these days?! So long Ozzy, you burn out!!!!

Kiss - 8 years

Kiss - Dynasty

Status Quo - Back to Back show 1984, I guess that was.

Paradise City - GNR

Great time at summer parties with friends, bier, girls, ....

Eric Clapton 1998 in Hannover (Germany). Don´t really know why .

Donßt know about genres too much, but everything that is depressive and where singers can´t sing. And bands that try to build up a fan base by attracting with dump violent song titles

Mötley Crüe, for me personally Hanoi Rocks

hey, they were great ! Still suffer from them though .... small balls .... ;-)

Sure, Kiss T-shirts to Kiss shows. Not cool at all, but fun !

haha, difficult ... I love the first, but if I had to decide ...

Sorry David Lee Roth ....

JonnyD said:
hahahahahaha I will try and hunt that down just so I can hear what Terrible LA Guns sounds like :loco:

I Absolutely Love Vicious Circle! ...Whos in Control,Kill that Girl,Crystal Eyes.... The Whole Record is Incredible!!!!! I remember wat back when everybody was into Guns and Roses ... I was like Fuck them! La Guns is better!!!! and I still think so now :D Your a seriously cool chick Abryl!!!!

hehehe thanks! :D Hell yeah L.A. Guns was (is) better than GNR, they didn't get as much attention but were definitely better. Besides they didn't have an egomaniac fag with tight shorts for a singer :erk:

I have much respect for Vicious Circe since it came out in the middle of the so called grunge era (I love Alice in Chains and Pearl Jam tho) and it rocked and they stayed true to their style.

I've been wanting to listen to them lately, but I left all my L.A. Guns CDs in Mexico along with many others and a lot of songs I want to hear, I just can't find on Kazaa :(

JonnyD said:
For a Long time I hated Black Metal and pretty much thought COF was the Be all End all of the Genre ... Well Now I have Discovered MANY new bands that fall in the Black,Viking,Folk Metal Genres ... Out of all of them Vintersorg is the BEST! and hell to be completely Honest I dont Consider The Focusing Blur to be Black Metal its something else entirely .... Have you Heard Cosmic Genesis and Visions From the Spiral Generator? Great Records if you Like Blur you will Like those too! and hell the Older Records are great to even tho they are all in Swedish .... Oh! Have you heard his Folk Band Otyg? they were pretty cool too! And then there are the 2 Latest Borknagar Albums with Mr.V on Vocals ... Empirism, And Epic...I think you would enjoy those too :) anyways thats enough from me!

I like some (very little haha) black metal, certain songs by Immortal or Dimmu Borgir, Finntroll and Thyrfing (if they can be considered BM). I like Vintersorg the most - plus he doesn't wear panda bear make up so that's cool ;) Cosmic Genesis is my favorite, there isn't a single bad song on that album! I've heard a couple of Borknagar songs with him on vocals and I've liked them :) It's stuff like Carpathian Forest or Gorgoroth I just can't get into :loco: