Worst Show You've Ever Seen

USMC0341

Dead Cold Day
Apr 23, 2004
NY
www.deadcoldday.com
This should garner some interesting posts:

What is the worst live show you have ever seen? Who were the bands, where and when was the show and why was it so horrible?

well the worst shows i have ever seen , were from bands i generally hate:
Cradle Of Filth (perish in sickening vomit dani quak filth)
Sentenced
lots of 16 year old "goth" girls screaming like the backstreet boys were on stage .. then again what is the difference between the backstreet boys and sentenced ?
COF are the greatest circus in the world.

Well, when Limp Biscuit was "fresh" I kinda thought they would sound pretty heavy live. Friend of mine asked to come along so I did...Man, what a mistake. Way too much bass sound, bad vocals...and ermm, that little kid that threw up hitting my shoes will think twice before gettin' drunk again. Damn nu-metal shit, thrown away money... :puke:
oh yeah, and don't forget that G'n'R gig, they must have been high as pigs, and sounded alike ... I'm pretty intolerate for drunk or stoned performances, certainly when I pay a lot too see a "big" band perform...
I haven't had the luck to see Cradle of filth yet :D

Queensryche! it was the most Boring "Metal" show I have ever seen! They had the place set up like Fucking Tony Bennet was playin the only thing that made that show Metal Was Symphony X they saved it I almost walked out on The Queens! as for Biscut I DID walk out on them! :D

IOfTheStorm said:
its impossible for Queensryche to be boring

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I guess ya Just had to be there .... They did play well dont get me wrong But the week before that I was at Morbid Angel There was no Danger and there was 2,000 closet metal heads And on top of it all I was really just There to see SX I'v never been a Big Ryche fan

I've seen so few in my life that will be cruel to bash one, but I will. When the G3 came to Reno, I was in cloud nine (Satriani/Vai/Malmsteen). Malmsteen opened and the magic gone, was the worst I have seen. He past most of the time drinking something (water? :rolleyes: ), playing with..his hair. His band was a complete dissapointment (even Patrik Johansson in drums). When Vai took over the difference was abyssmal. I'm sad that Tony MacAlpine was just a second guitar/keyboard for Vai, he should have been the third G.

The worst I ever saw was White Zombie in 1988 or 1989, just before their first album came out. We saw them in this little bar with about 50 people in the place. They were still playing allot of covers, stuff like "Detroit Rock City" and shit. When they started playing "Cat Scratch Fever" (the 3rd song of their set) most of us got up and left. They were sooooooooooooooooooo bad!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! About a year or so later when their second album came out we could not believe it was they same band!

I saw a local band, Fates Warning and Savatage at The Chance in Poughkeepsie, NY (I won the tickets answering some question on a radio station).

Anyway - Fates Warning was fucking awesome, they had their shit together.

Savatage, on the other hand, sounded like ASS!!!!! All the levels were fucked up, the new singer sounded like crap - it was just a mess all around. It's a shame, because I was looking forward to seeing them a lot - I stayed for the whole show, but they were nowhere near the top of their game in any way, shape or form...

- AntiProduct in Italy @Gods of Metal festival 2 years ago, in a stadium! They're not a Metal band, kinda a bad punk/metal thing who had to open for...... Kreator, Halford and Slayer :lol:

They were 1 completely stone guy and 4 drunk sluts or maybe another fool on the drums, all terrible musicians, who mocked the Metal fans because nobody gave a fuck about them ahah
Their frontman went mad and was so high that he started to insult the crowd! Obviously this is not a good thing to do when you play in front of 25,000 wild Slayer fans :D

Dozens, soon hundreds of bottles, cans or sandwiches flew to the stage, quickly people were even throwing bits of the football pitch at them!!! :lol:
Our wacko seemed to be very satisfied by these reactions and in order to show that he was a tough guy, he hit his forehead against the mic! His head started to bleed badly and people were laughing at him even more, what a moron! He even tried (please notice the word "tried") to play some ac/dc and thrash to be cool ahahah, award of the loser of the year.
Still they managed to play a few "songs" (not many ahah) under this enemy fire, the last one being a pure mess until the organizers cut off the power and kicked them out before the stage turned into a full rubbish dump :lol: :lol: :lol:

That was truly unbelievable! The worst and the funniest show I've ever seen! The shortest too :lol:
Thanks to AntiProduct :D

- Adagio gig this year, what a disapointment. I do like their last album but they were the most boring and self-important prog band I've ever seen live. Manigance stole the show and people were leaving the venue during Adagio's performance...

Well... I had to see Mudvayne, Deftones, Linkin Park, and Limp Bizkit live before I saw Metallica at Summer Sanitarium last year at the Skydome in Toronto on July 5th. I didn't have a good time till Metallica hit the stage. It was just so nasty... I was in the mosh pit (unintentionally) and I slowly moved up to the front. It was so gross cuz everyone was like drowning in their own sweat. Finally, I couldn't take it anymore and by the time Linkin Park came on stage, I told the security guard to pull me out of there... and that's when I lost my shoe. I took a break till near the end of Limp Bizkit's set and stood on the concrete floor with no shoes for the rest of the night. I didn't care about anything after Metallica came on stage cuz they made my night... but when I look back, things could've been better and same about the horrible opening bands. Just seeing those bands made it a bad concert... otherwise I can't say Metallica was the worst show I've ever been to.

Fangface said:
Manigance stole the show and people were leaving the venue during Adagio's performance...
Why it doesn't surprise me? Manigance is getting better with each hearing, one of the best bands coming in the last 5 years (I know they're older, I'm skipping the EP).

I would have to say that one of the Ozzfests (not sure which) was the worst. The bands were good (Slayer, Fear Factory, Rob Zombie, Sabbath) but it was soooo fucking hot and you couldn't take blankets in or anything else to protect you from the sun and even though I had sunscreen on, I got burnt BAD. By the time it got dark and the headliners came on, I was in so much pain that I couldn't enjoy the show. I also had to take three days off of work because of the burn but hey...the shit we go through for METAL.

It was still worth it.

"There seems to have been a slight problem with the database." - How I love this message! (Attention! Sarcasm ahead!)

Ok, let´s see, there have been several opening acts that I found terribly boring - which might also explain why I don´t remember most of them.:D (Especially Tori Amos - she´s one of my favourite live artists - seems to be very good at picking supporting acts that just bore me to death, though I don´t know if it´s really her or perhaps her management who´s deciding who gets the supporting slot.)

Well, I think the first time that I was really pissed off was when I saw Metallica on their "...And Justice For All"-tour in 1988, though it might not have been there fault. First of all, there were a few thousand fans, but just one rather small entrance, so quite a lot of people missed at least a part of the show of opening act Queensryche, and after the entire concert was over and everyone was pushing through that single entrace, poeple could have got seriously hurt or maybe even fallen and run over! Absolutely irresponsible! The really bad thing was Metallica´s sound, which was simply far too loud (well, maybe except for deaf people) - it was absolutely no fun anymore to listen to the music and I was really happy when the concert was over! I mean, I had already noticed a slightly deaf/muted feeling in my ears after the first metal concerts I had been to, but it was usually entirely gone when I woke up the next morning. Well, in this case it finally also went away, but it took more than one day. After this concert, I always had earplugs with me when I went to a metal concert, and I usually also used them. If certain people think that sheer loudness is a sign of musical quality, they are free to do so, but I´m not willing to have my ears ruined because of such idiocy, because I don´t think tinitus is fun!

In this context, another concert comes to my mind. In 1990, I saw Death Angel as headliner with Vicious Rumors and Forbidden as opening acts. A great package and until Death Angel entered the stage, everything was fine. Unfortunately, at this concert Death Angel had one of the worst bass sounds I´ve ever heard. I mean, I really liked their albums and I usually stay until the end of a concert, but the bass sound was simply unbearable (also with earplugs), so this was the first time I left a concert before it was over.

Well, in both cases I´ve just mentioned it wasn´t actually the show itself which was bad, but more the sound/circumstances. However, it made it impossible to enjoy the concerts - except for the opening acts - and I think that´s bad enough!

The worst concert I've been to was Rush. I was just soo bored that I left. I wish I wouldn't have, but I did. I think the only reason that I left was the fact that we had really really shitty seats.

I'd have to say Poison and Ratt... not sure what year.... late 80's. I'm not sure who was running their sound... but he should crucify himself for simply causing me to be a part of his pathetic existence!!!

metallica last year at earls court.

my friends had warned me that this was a shit venue to see bands in.
i'll listen to them next time.
too big,with an attrocious sound.the band were about a mile away,and they were not on top form.

and to add insult to injury they played some songs from st anger.

the only good thing to come out of it is that i know the next time i see them they wont have to play any of the songs from that abysmal excuse of a record.

This one's easy: Guns 'N' Roses in 1987 opening for Maiden on the Seventh Son tour. Axl fucking SUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCCCCKKKSSSSS live! He couldn't carry a note in a fucking bucket. It was a real shame because the rest of the band sounded great! (Izzy was still in the band at the time) But Axl poser fucking ruined their set... BADLY!

Not to mention after their terrible set, Maiden comes out and fucking SMOKES!! Which made GnR's performance seem even WORSE!

Cheers!
:headbang: :headbang: :headbang: