Discouraged Ones

Oops....posted a new thread about it....*will delete*

Yeah, it's amazing, I'm in love with it. Which songs do you guys like most/least?

This is the album that took so long to sink into me. I loved 'Tonight's Decision' and 'Last Fair Deal Gone Down' so much, and always thought this was the poor cousin.

In reality it's a masterpiece... a beautiful album.

It's a very consistent album. I can't really pick out favourite songs, but the "don't you know / I'm the end of what we'll be" part of "Saw You Drown" is painfully good.

I would say "Cold Ways" seriously though every song on the album is a small masterpiece of misery resulting in possibly the most sad album ever (and lyrically nothing gothy cliche, or like the world is gonna end shit, it's very ambiguous but understandable at the same time)

with Discouraged Ones i'vе drown in Katatonia's atmosphere for the very first time..
it's painful and healing, floating and craching you down, and just.. touching your deepest pulsating uncertainity in a very special way..

"somehow i never leave this deadhouse, somehow i don't mind being gone.."

I love I Break, Deadhouse, Gone, Last Resort and Distrust, and really really like (if not love) the rest. This is probably my favourite Katatonia album.

Am I the only one who thinks Gone sounds like Anathema?