Dissapointment...

The setlist didn't bother me as much as the sound. I couldn't even hear what Akerfeldt was saying in between songs. Of course, Lamb of God got the royal treatment as far as sound...what pissed me off the most was when all the LoG fans started chanting 'Lamb of God' after Windowpane. This was in Milwaukee...

NineFeetUnderground said:
but youre a fangirl. you know...the kind that tramples people to get photos backstage with the band and making an obnoxious face while flashing "the horns", and then posting the photos all over your myspace while the latest bodom single plays? yea...that kind.
The thing about that is, I hate children of bodom and don't have a myspace. And, I've never flashed "The Horns" in my life.

edit: she also threw up the horns under her location lol...and the horns are kinda played out incase you didnt know (not being a dick)

Seems to me that about 75% of fans near the stage at most metal shows toss em up. It's sort of cliche, but I think it's more metal than a closed fist or even the middle finger unless the singer is Axl Rose.

It's the ppl who throw both hands up with horns that are kinda silly IMO

Yeah, thats what I was thinking. A single horn from henceforth will be considered proper. 2 horns shall, in contrast, be deemed douchey, and the perpetrators will be cast in to fire.

Anyways, I kinda know its played out LO, but its fun to do it right before the huge head banging sections in songs (like Leper Affinity) or just to show the band you appreciate them.

Hey! The location thing is a joke. I happen to be the least "metal" person ever. Whatever that means.

People were flipping the horns to Porcupine Tree when I saw them recently, and at Franz Ferdinand at Reading Festival this year :erk:

Anyone who flips the horns without irony these days is a bit of a failure.

Heckelgruber said:
People were flipping the horns to Porcupine Tree when I saw them recently, and at Franz Ferdinand at Reading Festival this year :erk:

Anyone who flips the horns without irony these days is a bit of a failure.

53748260.IMG_5820.jpg

concertthumb2.php

Failures!

:Smug:

Mendez is the man !!!

Wait...he's throwing both hands up with horns......o_O

That's it, from now on I'm tossing both hands up

TrueGuesser said:
It pains me to say that for the first time ever, I've actually left an Opeth show (ATL-10/05) completely and utterly dissapointed. Don't get me wrong, the music was well performed. But... 5 songs? And not a single track from any album prior to Blackwater Park? You've got to be kidding me. I feel like I just spent 30 bucks to watch a graceful and poetic bow to all of those lamb of god weiners, many of whom probably still believe that Blackwater is Opeth's first album. Oh well...

Think of those who don't even get to see EUROPEAN METAL 'at all'.
Write to Akerfeldt, he'll give you your 30 bucks back perhaps. You're a disgrace to the fanpool.

I registered to this forum because it really makes me sad when people start wining about 30$ for 5 songs. I Payed 50 euro's for a 3 day festival only to see Opeth. The rest (of the line-up on the festival) didn't even came close to metal music.

Now this person starts wining about 5 songs, 5 songs that actually have a length of at least 8 minutes. Most of the songs are even longer as 10 minutes. I mean what the hell went into your brain to complain about those lousy 30 bucks?

And this even just a couple of months after Opeth lost Martin Lopez as a drummer because of a rare disease. Maybe you should pay them a bit more respect that they continue touring for their fans.

Illidan said:
San Diego only got GoP, Leper, and Windowpane. So stop bitching, I'm sure it was worth the admission price - one doesn't go to Gigantour to ONLY see the 3rd-highest-on-the-bill band.
Seriously. Three songs. But they played them well. And had something thrown at them.