Dissection vs. Sacramentum

Dissection or Sacramentum?

• Total voters
Dissection. While I think Sacramentum rules too (and Dawn too for that matter), I've never really understood why people place them higher. Dissection just have this special aura around their music which is magical.

^ Yeah at their best moments they had incredible atmosphere going on. Take the second riff in "Heaven's Damnation" as an example, that riff gives me the exact same feeling as when i'm reading my favorite part from the book Dracula; the chapter describing Jonathan Harker's journey through the Carpathian wilderness in the night. I often get that Carpathia feeling when listening to them.

Sacramentum, simply because Far Away from the Sun is the best melodic black metal album ever.

The drums on that album kick ass, by the way. They're 'catchy', lacking a better word. They have their own hooks and I find myself remembering the drum patterns more than the guitar riffs.

Of the two, definitely Sacramentum, though I'll gladly echo the sentiments expressed concerning the first Dissection. I think I may just prefer Dawn over both, though. :p

Dissection. I like Sacramentum almost just as much regardless.

I'm not saying it's bad but i've just never been able to get into it in the years i've had it. I can get what people like about it, the desolate feeling and sometimes otherworldly emotional and bizzare melodies, and maybe i would have liked it if i heard it in another period of life, like you know some records you have special relations to because they remind you of something strongly. I don't have that kind of relationship to it.

I don't understand how anyone couldn't sustain an orgasm throughout the entirety of "Blood Shall Be Spilled," at least.

It took me a while with FAFTS, and part of its charm is that it calls me back for another listen so much more than both Dissection albums.

It took me a while with FAFTS, and part of its charm is that it calls me back for another listen so much more than both Dissection albums.

It hasn't clicked for me yet. Haven't listened to it for a while now. I'll give it a few spins and see how it sounds.

Both Dissection albums are among my favourite, listen to them very often.

So which is the better Dawn album?

Nær Solen Gar Nider For Evogher, but last I checked, The End sold some compilation thing which included the aforementioned, The Eternal Forest, Sorgh på Svarte Vingar Fløgh and Slaughtersun (Crown of the Triarchy). A fuckin' bargain!

EDIT: just checked, and they don't anymore. shouldn't be very hard to find, though.

Nær Solen Gar Nider For Evogher, but last I checked, The End sold some compilation thing which included the aforementioned, The Eternal Forest, Sorgh på Svarte Vingar Fløgh and Slaughtersun (Crown of the Triarchy). A fuckin' bargain!

EDIT: just checked, and they don't anymore. shouldn't be very hard to find, though.

Slaughtersun rules. I haven't heard any of Dawn's other releases. Time to get educated perhaps?