Do people actually pay money to see Epic movie, date movie, disaster movie, etc?

I seem to recall seeing one of the Scary Movies at one point and finding it funny, but I suppose at the same time I also don't recall it being a mishmash of pop references.

edit: wait , yeah, Scary Movie 3 did that I remember now.

Ok one of the ones before it was slightly better maybe?

I saw Superhero movie purely because Brent Spiner is in 5 minutes of it. I saw it for free (one of my best buddies runs a cinema) but I would have paid. I just love Brent that much.

If it means anything, Superhero Movie isn't by the same guys and is just taking advantage of the popularity of calling it ____ Movie and spoofing things.

edit: actually it looks like this guy had something to do with Scary Movie 3 and 4 from looking at IMDB, so he must be the from the group with a sense of humor, (maybe?)

I stopped even considering watching those movies after I spent 90 minutes with 'Not Enough Teen Movie' back in the early years of college. As we sat in my friend Kevin's dorm room inhaling pot flavored incense, I felt that it was the movie, not the smoke, that was making me stupider. In fact, to this day, if I ever have a lapse of judgment or say something inadvertently stupid (which happens more often than not), I blame that movie.

To cut a long story short, I'd eat my own ass than watch one of those things. Pay money? Pah!