Do you as a metal listener look down upon other genres of music/their fans?

when someone says that metal is a bunch of noise they only say that from a fan of another kinda music point of veiw but not from a musical point of view

lots of people who are very accomplished musically and have far more experience in music than you will tell you that metal sucks also. it isn't just a bunch of high school preppies who can't get over that metal doesn't sound like the latest Good Charlotte single.

lots of people who are very accomplished musically and have far more experience in music than you will tell you that metal sucks also. it isn't just a bunch of high school preppies who can't get over that metal doesn't sound like the latest Good Charlotte single.

well talent is overrated anyways and they might as well be talking out their asses.

yep. popularity is quality, don't let anyone tell you different rokk on yeah justin timberlake rulz!!1

Well, I'm not simply saying he's good because of his popularity, but he's obviously liked by a lot for some reason. A lot of kids do say they like him just to hop onto the band wagon, but very few of them know of his background, and his discography. I'm not saying this makes me any better than anyone, but what I'm saying is, they obviously don't know his music, and thus, aren't really as appreciative as someone else who listens to more than one of his songs. Most people that say they like 2pac and praise him say they like the song "Changes". When I ask what other songs they like by him, they're stumpped. These people are the people that have no idea what Tupac is all about, or know any of his music.

But, his raps and beats, and lyrics are all quality, and I respect him as a poet, rapper, musician, and a human being.

i agree, but to say metal sucks because i dont understand it, or metal sucks because i like Good Charotte better are two diffeent things

Whatever boaster.

dont hate....lol

I don't really care what you listen to. The only time I will look down on you is when you say my music sucks. Who is to say "Your music taste sucks?" Just because you don't like the music they're listening to doesn't mean it sucks. I mean yeah, I'm guilty of saying Rap sucks; to me I think it's boring; to others Metal might be boring, I don't know how, but whatever. Soon as my musical preference is attacked, that's when I look down on you. If you listen to pop, great... good for you; I feel sorry for you but that's your preference.

Just keep it melodic, keep it brutal, keep it metal!:headbang:

People tend to look down on others because their lifestyles and choices, and their taste/style,etc.. so I just jump on the trend a lot times. There is no reason to play nice when no on else does. Anyone I have met that does not think anything of my music taste I tend to think the samething back. People generally just don't understand each other and I don't even care too majority of the time. I have no problem being ignorant because everyone else is.

Lets look at the trade off here...

a) a bunch of blockheaded fucking morons with no clue about life will think you're a faggot. (assuming they even KNOW about it somehow)

b) you'll have $500,000.

hmm...

I can't believe people would be willing to consider gay sex for half a million dollars. That's fucking disgraceful.

I would indulge in some homo-erotic for half a million dollars. I could buy a house and christians would find the act disgraceful.

I don't really care what you listen to. The only time I will look down on you is when you say my music sucks. Who is to say "Your music taste sucks?" Just because you don't like the music they're listening to doesn't mean it sucks. I mean yeah, I'm guilty of saying Rap sucks; to me I think it's boring; to others Metal might be boring, I don't know how, but whatever. Soon as my musical preference is attacked, that's when I look down on you. If you listen to pop, great... good for you; I feel sorry for you but that's your preference.

Just keep it melodic, keep it brutal, keep it metal!:headbang:

melody? ha! thats the last thing I look for in metal

tupac was a very good MC

songs like

staring through my rear view
If I die tonight
changes
Until the end of time
ambitions as a rider

etc....
Out of all those, only Ambitionz...and If I die Tonight are really good songs imo.

I would add:

Lord Knows
Brenda's got a baby
Against all odds
Me against the world
Don't fall asleep
Life goes on
I aint mad at cha
Dear mama
etc....

Man i try not to. with most people as long as they're open minded about the music i listen to, i can do the same... but everyone has there limit. i know its a bit of a cliche but i do have superiority issues with emo kids, especially people who call bands like Marilyn Manson and Slipknot metal and think they have an instant connection with me because they listen to it...man they piss me off.