Do you have a stock portfolio?

Im going to incrementally cash out on some plays, need some dry powder for the inevitable fall thats coming.

Keeping my eye on FAAPL, hopefully we see it go under 110 in short order.

SPACs got fooqin murdered today, "please excuse the blood." I need an intermittent SPAC recovery so I can go full boomer and sleep at night.

This market is a mummer's farce.

Im going to incrementally cash out on some plays, need some dry powder for the inevitable fall thats coming.

Keeping my eye on FAAPL, hopefully we see it go under 110 in short order.

SPACs got fooqin murdered today, "please excuse the blood." I need an intermittent SPAC recovery so I can go full boomer and sleep at night.

This market is a mummer's farce.

Inevitable fall? Knee-grow, where have you been the past couple weeks? It's mostly a rotation of funds from Tech to other sectors right now. A correction was inevitable and will hopefully just lead to higher highs in due time as it usually does.

The fucking DOW closed at a new ATH today while the Nasdaq continued to tumble another 2%, down around 10% from mid-February. (Exactly when I dropped 13k into VGT, btw...FUCK YOU) The market is drunk.

Wait 'til this stimulus gets into the hands of ppl who don't necessarily need it for base needs. There has already been surveys saying that a good portion of ppl plan to throw 50% of it into stocks. I have a sneaking suspicion that the OTC will see a big influx of funds. YOLO!

Yeah count me in that group, ha. The stimulation bill greatly reduces my tax burden for 2020, so instead of paying the IRS with that $1,400 I'll be dumping it into STONKS.

The most American thing one can do as a poor idiot is to give any gubmint cheese you get directly to major corporations. USA! USA! USA!

Reactions: Krilons Resa
I would have been better off if I dollar cost averaged my way into the market rather than dumping a huge pile of cash into the market at once but all the researched evidence pointed to that being futile.

My only holding that I'm worried about is CLOV. Fuck SPAC's. If they execute well and ppl buy in, it should be fine. Definitely a long term investment. There's no way I am selling now. lol Hopefully it eventually does boom and I make out rather than (again, hopefully) selling it at cost and losing out on opportunity cost.

Yeah count me in that group, ha. The stimulation bill greatly reduces my tax burden for 2020, so instead of paying the IRS with that $1,400 I'll be dumping it into STONKS.

The most American thing one can do as a poor idiot is to give any gubmint cheese you get directly to major corporations. USA! USA! USA!

Yep.. More than likely, the whole enchilada will be going straight into the market for me as well.

lol idk what most of that even means. But this is me anytime I read anything on Twitter:

EDIT: Okay I read up on it via Fool (which is why I bought Them Skillz in the first place), and they speak a language I can comprehend. Well, let's see what happens to my $280 tomorrow!

Last edited:
Summary:

In January the original short squeeze was avoided by turning off buying on many platforms, killing demand and causing a panic sell.

Many shorts covered but many did not (even at 38 the price was still too high for many). Short interest is still very high. Importantly, millions of shares of ETFs holding large amounts of GME have also been shorted (while going long on those ETFs' other holdings). Shorting ETFs has acted as a stopgap for shorters to lower: reported short interest, lending fees, and failures to deliver. But basically they are in the same spot they were in January.

While shorts are important, the current issue is actually calls. The spike in late February and current spike are gamma squeezes. The number of calls hitting strike is quite amazing. More calls approaching strike forces option houses to cover as delta approaches 1. This is likely what happened in January also.

Folks keep dismissing the situation as if it's a pump and dump when it's really something very technical. There will be pumping and there will certainly be dumping but much of the volume (most of it, really) is options related, not retail.

There are 7m shares worth of ITM calls expiring between today and 3/19. If price keeps climbing, another 10m shares will need to be covered on top of those. That's just in the next 9 trading days. Because the float is essentially gone (various ways to calculate it but any way you look at it, there are nearly no real shares left to trade), the calls covering actually drives the price up enough to trigger more needed covering, this is called a gamma ramp.

This is a gamma ramp of epic proportions if it continues through next Friday (3/19), especially if it approaches anywhere close to $800 (insane call volume at this strike). A short squeeze after would just be icing on the cake honestly.

I quoted this from another site/forum as an FYI regarding GME.

Inevitable fall? Knee-grow, where have you been the past couple weeks? It's mostly a rotation of funds from Tech to other sectors right now. A correction was inevitable and will hopefully just lead to higher highs in due time as it usually does.

The fucking DOW closed at a new ATH today while the Nasdaq continued to tumble another 2%, down around 10% from mid-February. (Exactly when I dropped 13k into VGT, btw...FUCK YOU) The market is drunk.

Wait 'til this stimulus gets into the hands of ppl who don't necessarily need it for base needs. There has already been surveys saying that a good portion of ppl plan to throw 50% of it into stocks. I have a sneaking suspicion that the OTC will see a big influx of funds. YOLO!

Aye, I'm not worried, as I got a strategy. One needs to focus on value plays, commodities, and rebounding sectors to stay afloat. Overvalued EV/Tech and anything speculative is going to be cruising for a bruising. I mean I may be wrong, and it doesnt get pulled back much further than we've seen. But I'm not going to dick around with it. Just want my shit SPACs to level off so I can dip out. My portfolio is half wise/half wiley atm, and I fear for the wiley.

Need some damn DAs to drop.

Last edited:
Reactions: Krilons Resa