Do you know Symphorce?

LUDMER

El Esqueleto Ole
Jun 13, 2003
NYC
Visit site
If so, how did you find them?

A wicked friend of mine turned me on to them a few months ago, I've since gotten most of the albums and really love the aggressive melodic songs.

Me too, in a way ;)
Some idiot once mailed me years ago (or posted in the Brainstorm guestbook and I mailed him - not sure) saying he was the singer of a band named Symphorce ;) - and the rest of our friendship is history :D

Heard of them for the first time about a minute ago when I saw the announcement for this forum :eek:

Ayeka said:
Heard of them for the first time about a minute ago when I saw the announcement for this forum :eek:
Yep, same here. I'm getting the impression of kind of an epic proggy power metal from the name of the band... What kind of stuff do they play?

froosch said:
Yep, same here. I'm getting the impression of kind of an epic proggy power metal from the name of the band... What kind of stuff do they play?

Symphorce are too versatile to be categorized into one category of metal...there are so many elements that make Symphorce what they are, hence giving them a unique sound of their own. I'd say check it out for yourself and you be the judge!

At any rate, as well as a selection of mp3's available at the official site...you can also check out reviews.

Marlies said:
Me too, in a way ;)
Some idiot once mailed me years ago (or posted in the Brainstorm guestbook and I mailed him - not sure) saying he was the singer of a band named Symphorce ;) - and the rest of our friendship is history :D

:tickled: well that "idiot" sure has one of the best voices/range I've ever heard!

:D nice to see you about Marlies

froosch said:
Not a bad guess for someone who has never heard them :)

mm I'm trying to think of a label.... agressive-dark-proggy-power-metal-that-kicks-your-ass-and-makes-you-sing-along ?

Back to the topic, I heard a song off the first album on a sampler, I thought it sounded good so I got the cd, but I didn't really become a fan until Sinctuary came out.
But then... I was hooked for good!

Hmm... The website doesn't seem to want me to download anything, from not letting me connect to files not being able to be read. I'll hit up DC++ and see what I can find, but I promise I'll only download what's on the website anyway. I'd just buy an album but I'm totally broke so I'm gonna have to put it on my to-do list. But don't worry, I do fully intend to buy one of them.

By the way, I don't think it's a problem with the site, my connection's just been acting up a lot today for some reason.

I went to the music shop and saw the cover of twice second... I thought it looked pretty cool so I listened to the CD and then I bought it:p

AsModEe said:
I went to the music shop and saw the cover of twice second... I thought it looked pretty cool so I listened to the CD and then I bought it:p

The cover is quite cool...they are actually dead sea horses

and the music is even better :p

kittybeast said:
:OMG: the seahorses are dead?!?!?!?!? pooooor widdle seahorses :erk:

:tickled: it was mentioned in a couple of interviews and also on one of the responses of the "fun facts" we did not so long ago ;)

LUDMER said:
I thought they died of "natural causes".

I definitely hope so.

Yeah Symphorce rock. Actually we're gonna play together on the Himmel Open Air 31.07.04. Looking forward to meet you there.

"Dann können wir auch auf Deutsch schwätzen" :D :kickass: :headbang:

urinalcakemix said:
Im waiting for a US tour for Symphorce, or a Prog Power appearance at the very least.

WHy mUST MY COUNTRY SUCK?!

I know EXACTLY how you feel, Europe gets ALL the cool metal festivals while us here in the USA get barely any...Thank the metal God's for Progpower otherwise we would have NOTHING :(
The problem is metal music is not promoted AT ALL here in the States, you gotta search w/a magnifying glass even when it comes to concerts...otherwise you snooze you missed it!
And even when we do get the small metal festivals here and there they end up not having such a good turn-out of people because ...once again...there is no blasted promotion! How do they expect people to know about such events...we are not "clairvoyants" at least most of us as far as I am aware LOL ;)

I really believe if all the metal heads were to let their voices be heard we would actually see some results, but we just stick to our underground...which is cool but we gotta make these idiots know that there is a high demand as well!

Rant over.. :lol:

Hopefully in the future to come we shall get more of what we like and NEED ;)