Do you like Metal from Italy?

NocturnalSun said:
when you compare American metal with other nations' metal, usually the other nations' metal wins 90% of the time. Probably just because most of us Americans are lazyasses (come on admit it) and not even almost as focused as people from different countries.

Ciao!

One question: what means the CD with "A Descent into the Maelstrom" written on the side?
You like that song? It's my favourite too!!! :loco:

Yes, Ephel Duath is nothing short of amazing.

when you compare American metal with other nations' metal, usually the other nations' metal wins 90% of the time. Probably just because most of us Americans are lazyasses (come on admit it) and not even almost as focused as people from different countries.

I totally disagree, American metal is definitely the most diverse, containing excellent bands from a variety of genres, and most certainly the best country for metal. While other countries seem to have the "elite" of a particular genre(like Norway and Black Metal, Germany and Death Metal), the US provides the absolute best talent from just about every subgenre. Then again, this is just my opinion.

yes, Disciple, that is your opinion and you are entitled to it. I'm not going to argue because I've seen your history and you seem to be very opinionated, so I won't even go there. anyway yea Dr. K I love A Descent Into The Maelstrom!! Kicks ASS! I love mainly melodic death metal and power metal and your band really brings those two together excellently.

Lacuna Coil would be a good Italian metal band if they kicked the male vocalist out. He sucks.

Ephel Duath on the other hand are an excellent Italian metal band who deserve your undivided attention, because they kick muchos ass.

wnterbass said:
I usually don't miss Lacuna Coil when they come around...but its hard to generalize the metal of a whole country.
That´s right. I don´t like most of the italian bands. LC are a bright light around
these shitty bands.

Yeah, there have been a lot of high-quality bands from Italia in the past couple years. I'm not crazy about Rhapsody, but they're top-caliber at their own dramatic style. Lacuna Coil's good enough, but I really like Ephel Duath a lot. From the '80s, Bulldozer and especially Death SS were great dirty underground bands.

My favorite Italian band ever, though, is still Goblin.