WHy do you like metal music ?

eminem said:
is aggression really the reason why so many people listen to metal?

Nope. I actually enjoy metal band "ballads" as much as the rockers. My favorite color is crimson red, but if I had money for a Vette, only yellow would be acceptable. I can't explain why I like crimson red or yellow on a sports car, but I do.
There isn't much that seperates a band like Chevelle from metal in over-all sound, but it's huge in our ears. To a (modern) country fan, rap fan etc. it probably sounds about the same. We like metal because we are special and it tickles our mind though it doesn't do that to others.

Bryant

because it's such a good music, with a lot of fellings and really powerful.
and so many reasons why i love it, but i just can't explain why... i just do, and that's it...

eminem said:
is aggression really the reason why so many people listen to metal? surely it can't be the main reason. the whole nu-metal scene is built upon aggresseion

I believe agression is one of the main reasons people are initially attracted to metal. But, once one loses the angst, or anger that has attracted them to the agression in metal they can either drop it or see past it into the music for what it really is. Much like I have. I have no trouble telling you that nu-metal acted like a spring board for me into many of the bands I love today. I guess they're not completely worthless then. o_O :loco:

"listening to it satisfies my need for escapism"

that pretty much sums it up for me. listen to most metal bands is like hearing a story or watching a movie. one that i can take with me to work or in the car or whatever.

but i also like the agression, too.

Not only does it have aggression and energy but has enough skill, variety and technical proficency to remain interestig

I like metal music because I do. I grew up listening to metal from older brothers and sisters. I started out listening to Judas Priest, then AC/DC, Black Sabbath, Zeppelin..........as I got older, I got into Motley Crue, Ratt, Dokken, Slayer, Overkill, Metal Church............the list could go on.
I love music....... :D

little49 :cool: