How do you like Death Metal?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Suffocation
Immolation
Incantation

The Big 3 of New York

Going to see that tour w/ those two and Skinless, who are also f/ NY, in just over a week, show of the year in my opinion. Suffo. is my favorite American dm band. I love Immolation, but think they're the type of band you either love or you hate. Skinless, awesome band, hopefully I score their newest release at this gig.

Going to see that tour w/ those two and Skinless, who are also f/ NY, in just over a week, show of the year in my opinion. Suffo. is my favorite American dm band. I love Immolation, but think they're the type of band you either love or you hate. Skinless, awesome band, hopefully I score their newest release at this gig.

The NY show will be awesome. Not only will all three be back home, but it's the last stop of the tour. I can't wait.

I can't say that I like death metal, I just love a few death metal bands. That's probably because most of those bands have terrible sounds on their records, and I just can't listen to that; moreover I usually seek for technical stuff, a really powerful voice and fast songs (I hate mid-tempos in extreme metal). I generally have such approach with all the extreme music.

No, it's just a lot more headbangable/brutal based, the songs I heard off TTWHTD werent that good, but I'll give them another shot.:p

it's their best, hands down. s2s is alright, too

also america has some excellent metal bands- immolation just isn't one of them.

Bolt Thrower are more Grindcore then Death Metal, which is probably why alot of people think they sound a bit samey and their songs all sound alike.

Approach it like Grindcore and you'll probably enjoy it more. That is, if you like Grind.

And I've said it before, and I'll say it again: Corpsegrinder is a far superior singer to Barnes. He can do the slower and deeper vocals, but can also spit and scream. Thus he has more variety, and thus is superior.

In my opinion, at least. Though I still like Barnes, he just isn't as good.

exactly. Bolt Thrower were originally part of the late 80s British crust/grindcore scene.

To the thread starter:

Have you giving it a good go and tried to get used to it's extreme elements? If you have and you still really dislike it, then I'd say you're listening to the wrong stuff which is very probably. 85% of my stuff is death metal orientated, yet 95 percent of death metal is horrible in my opinion. Basically I don't understand how someone can enjoy generic death metal.

I like my death metal like this:

-with lots of subliminal melody, beautiful melody, emotic melody.
-hype! crazyness. something that can hype you up just before you go for a work out.
-technical and unpredictable
-progressive and pushing bounderies

ask for recommendation if you want with what exactly you're looking for in music, i'm sure you'd find it in death metal, it's very diverse.

I just read your post again, and you haven't tried getting used to it. It's not necessary though, there's plenty of non death metal out there that's awesome.

when i started, i disliked harsh vocals, and the themes of extreme metal, but down inside the musical work that i wanted i knew would be found in extreme metal. i continued to listen to power metal and metallica type stuff. one day my friend recommended me a decapitated and opeth album, and an emperor album. listened to all three in 24 hours. i didn't mind decapitated, i liked the mechnical feeling to it. i liked opeth, lots of emotions and beautiful melody. i was also fascinated by emperor. i was actually driving in the passenger seat, with my head out the window at 5 in the morning, with my new mp3 player with the best speakers ever. the setting was perfect and i enjoyed it... they were good... but one day soon after i heard something called Behemoth - Demigod. It was exactly what i had been looking for. It blew me away, and the amount of enjoyment i got from it is indescribable. from that moment i began a frantic search for such material and got totally obsessed with metal.

actually, my friend sent me also a vital remains song and a slayer song. I totally despised slayer and still do, but i though the votal reminas was ok. after 4 listens i was blown away by that one song (most of their songs arent very good), so maybe i was always a death metal liker, you know.

its all about yer tastes dood

Status
Not open for further replies.