He was thrown into the lake of fire

Judgement day is coming
Are you ready for being judged?
Judgement day is coming
Will your name be found
In the book of life?

Revelation 20,11-15
Malachi 3,16

Not as intelligent as true Death Metal lyrics.

Profånity said:
I don't understand how you can have a Christian Death Metal band.

To many people "death metal" gets it's moniker from the vocal style.

Death Metal is all based on Nihilism and Nihilism is the view that nothing is of any signifacance and is a rejection of all social and moral principles and is the view that life without pain would be empty.

Ummm.... life without pain would not make the good times not be so good I suppose, but other than that, you are taking lyrics too seriously.

All of that is what christianity doesn't believe and is against, so how can you have christian Death Metal?

Yeah, well I am not Christian but I personally want to live life as pain free as possible. I have had two kidney stones in my life and I would definitely not wish them on you even though you seem to like pain. That type of pain is practically unimaginatable.
As far as viewing nothing as significant, do you consider your music significant ? I view many things as significant. I view myself, my wife, family, football and METAL MUSIC some of the "significant" things in my life. I am 34 years old, so my view is supposed to be a bit more "conservative" than most, but if you don't have anything "significant" in your life, it's time to re-evaluate yout life.

Bryant

Great replies everyone. I should have read farther into the discussion before I replied. I personally don't know many Nihilists, but just to be sure about his definition about one, I checked webster and found this: a : a viewpoint that traditional values and beliefs are unfounded and that existence is senseless and useless.

Maybe it's just me, but I really don't want to be around anyone who believes that. I think I would rather deal with the hard core Christians than....... that. I can't even comprehend that "religion."
Metal was based on rebellion from social, religious and moral "norms" but it ain't sinking that far as long as I am alive. The poster is probably just a troll, but I can tell anyone here, that I will not let bullshit that is spewed like that without a challenge.

Bryant

Bryant said:
The poster is probably just a troll, but I can tell anyone here, that I will not let bullshit that is spewed like that without a challenge.
IT'S NOT BULLSHIT. READ SOME GERMAN DEATH METAL LYRICS BEFORE YOU SAY IT'S BULLSHIT.

Profånity said:
He probably has and realises i'm correct.
Profanity, if you're so sure you're correct in your viewpoint, and are not open to considering any other options that anyone may throw out, why did you start this thread? I see people do this in forums all the time and I don't get it. You post a topic, seemingly for starting a debate, but then you don't want to debate. Why ask for other's opinions if you're just going to shoot them down? I think you're not actually sure you're right and just posted this topic in the hopes that others would validate your viewpoint (as some have). That does not constitute a debate, a discussion, lucid exchange of ideas, etc., which is the basic purpose of a forum.

If you feel confident that you are correct, that's cool. Everybody's entitled to their opinions, but when you just repeatedly insist 'I'm right, you're wrong', nobody's really going to be interested.
In the end, you've basically just wasted your time and the time of everyone else who attempted to contribute to your topic.

I thought you all knew Death Metal was based on Nihilism and knowing that I wasa asking the impossible question of how can you have Christian Death Metal?

I just wanted you to all see that there is no such thing as Christian Death Metal and anyone who thinks there is are very dumb.

Profånity said:
I thought you all knew Death Metal was based on Nihilism and knowing that I wasa asking the impossible question of how can you have Christian Death Metal?

I just wanted you to all see that there is no such thing as Christian Death Metal and anyone who thinks there is are very dumb.

May I suggest you grow up very quickly. This entire thread seems to stem from your own insecurities about the validity of your views, views that seem to be based, in their entirity, about what you have read about death metal, and not from your own listening experience.

It is not a widely accepted viewpoint that death metal is based on Nihilism, in my view this is just a biproduct of the music and the lyrics. For most people a genre is defined on the music itself, not the lyrical content, image or anything else for that matter, so assuming everyone else will already know is naive in the extreme.

Are you honestly trying to tell us that if you took the music of Fleshcrawl for example, and sung it with Christian lyrics it would no longer be death metal? I think not (for anyone else anyway). Maybe in your opinion this would make the music something other than death metal, but yours is not the widely accpeted definition of the genre, it is one, in fact, that I've never even heard before, and to me completely destroys the point of having genres.

Their point, to me, is to categorize similar types of music to make desciribing them easier to others, that is all. Genres are very little else, just a way of describing a certain type of music by it's musical characteristics, not anything else.

Just because someone happens to disagree with you on your very unusual definition of a genre (which seems to be based on a complete lack of knowledge about the music itself, I hasten to add), is no reason to call them dumb, something which is extremely childish and downright laughable. If you don't have the conviction and confidence to debate your viewpoints intelligently, without resorting to insulting people who disagree with you, or even bothering to consider other people's viewpoints before a childish retort, why the hell bother?

:wave:

Reactions: FailingAcension
Personally I couldn't care what they sing about. Along as the feeling is there it's death metal to me. There's lots of DM bands that don't deal with these lyrical topics - Lykathea Aflame, Morbid Angel (recent) for example.

As someone pointed out very early on.... if you can't understand what they're saying what does it matter?

By the same token, a nihilist CANNOT be a Satanist. So then there cannot be satanist death metal either. Irrelevant, but an interesting thought. I personally also think that death metal is defined for the most part by the music, and secondly lyrics that are serious or dark in nature. I do not know any Christian death metal lyrics, but I am sure a lot of them are still dark and morbid in nature, though Christian. I've never come across death metal lyrics where the subjuct matter was completely non-deathmetal, like girls and relationships. But to me, bands like Extol and Corpse are still deah metal, judging by the music and some of the song titles.

Ever heard the band Believer?
More intense and technical than many Death Metal bands around!

And if you don't have the lyrics sheet you cannot guess whether it is a Christian Death Metal band...

Profånity said:
IT'S NOT BULLSHIT. READ SOME GERMAN DEATH METAL LYRICS BEFORE YOU SAY IT'S BULLSHIT.
there are all kinds of lyrics in death metal, maybe you should be reding others instead of this,those are not the only ones that exist, and you suck for thinking like this, and Bryant is right as he always knows how to challenge people like you, who are full of you know what.

metalicarus88 said:
there are all kinds of lyrics in death metal, maybe you should be reding others instead of this,those are not the only ones that exist, and you suck for thinking like this
I've changed my views now, as the music and lyrics don't have to be Nihilistic just growls and powerchords, i've added Soulfly in as a Death Metal band.